Little puffy and little pink - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-17-2010, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am so worried. Tonight I noticed that my 12-month old DS's penis is a little puffy and a little pinkish/reddish. He urinated just fine, but the tip didn't balloon out like it normally does when urinating. I know this because I'm doing EC and can see the urine stream. Anyway, I'm afraid to take him to his pediatrician, as he is pro-circ and almost retracted my son's penis during his 1 month well visit, trying to show me how to retract and care for an intact penis. Anyway, please help calm my fears! Thank you.

Wife to DH (11/93) and mom to DS (11/09). gd.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gifsigncirc1.gifsaynovax.gifslingboy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-18-2010, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

He doesn't seem to be in any pain. This morning, I saw in his training pants some whitish mass. And when he urinated in his potty, there were some whitish mass there as well. However, he usually balloons when he urinates (has been ever since he was born). But this morning, I didn't see the ballooning. When I touch his penis, it feels somewhat hard. And it's still reddish this morning and a little swollen. Anyone? Please?

Wife to DH (11/93) and mom to DS (11/09). gd.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gifsigncirc1.gifsaynovax.gifslingboy.gif
#3 of 4 Old 11-18-2010, 12:15 PM

Sounds like he is going through separation early.  Before 2 yo is unusual, but still perfectly OK.  The white stuff, will have been smegma (normal genital secretions.)  It was probably hard b/c he had a slight erection, which is totally normal and can speed up separation.

The redness and puffiness should clear up in 24-48.  You can put a little diaper cream on it for comfort, and let him have a warm bath.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#4 of 4 Old 11-18-2010, 05:58 PM

Like pp said the white stuff smegma from him being separated. Him ballooning before now tells you that he was separated some but the sphincter was still tight since the ballooning has stopped that means that the sphincter is loosining up. He is on the young side but still well within normal for him. Everyone is different.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page