Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoS View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by whozeyermamma View Post

No one will flame you! :)

You can find excellent resources here at the "case against circumcision" forum - but my5 mo old DS is intact - no special cleaning required at all. In fact, he's been easier to care for than any of my friends whose boys are circ'ed. (All of whom have had issues with having to push back skin and clean, make sure it doesn't re-attach, etc.)

Like PP said, I wipe it down like his fingers and toes. It's never a problem.  I found myself very emotional about keeping him intact ... perhaps something for another thread but I'm really happy he's whole.

Thanks for the tips. I have mixed feelings about not circumsizing. I have never really seen a boy/adult man (only very eldery men) without it done. I don't want my baby to be the only one that isn't in a group that is, or be the only one that is in a group that isn't.  I realize that most people feel that it is cosmetic, but I do feel it definitely has some hygenic reasons too, and I can't shake the feeling that being done is cleaner. That's the way I was brought up. 

I am hoping to learn more about it and hopefully feel better about it.

I think you will find that there is more folks these days not circ'in.  Our MW's practice is 2/3 non circ'd.  It will be the norm (hopefully) when our Son's are of age.  Keep reading on non-circ.  I have a few friends that did circ and deeply regret it. 

DH will one day have to talk about why his looks a little different that DS and we are not at all worried about that conversation. 

This video was one we showed family members that had a issue with it and it may help you too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQiVdAq-U4s

'09   

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page