separation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-04-2010, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DS is 33 months old.  For several months now, his penis has been ballooning when he pees.  It doesn't get huge or anything, just kind of puffs up before the urine comes out.  No spraying.  I'm aware that this can be caused from the foresking beginning to separate from the glans.

Then twice in the last few days, he has had moments where he cries out and says "MY PENIS HURTS!!!"  Tonight it was when we were in the car and we asked him if he needed to pee.  He said yes, but when we started to pull into a gas station he protested (loudly) that he didn't need to potty and said, "THAT"S NOT HELPFUL!!!"  So we didn't force it, but he was wet when we got home (I know we should have taken him in to use the bathroom... but my point in this part is that he didn't want to pee... like he was afraid it was going to hurt--even though it didn't hurt when he actually peed).  He has not complained of pain WHILE he's urinating... just the two times (possibly three...) and each time seemed to be random.  One was while he was taking a bath...

So, please tell me that could be separation.  I went to circumstitions, nocirc, cirp, and docs opposing circ... but I had trouble finding an answer specifically on pain.  One article said that if he's in pain to call the doctor.  I didn't want to check just any website (that may be pro circ) and I'm hesitant to just march to the doc (I'm not entirely certain just how foreskin friendly our ped... he doesn't ever retract DS, touch his penis, or recommend that we retract... but we've also never had any problems, so it's never come up).  So anyway, could this be separattion?  If so how long will it go on?  Do you have any links that have more information about it?

mommy to Christopher 2/29/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 12-04-2010, 08:25 PM

It could be a bit of separation, the ballooning kinda proves that part.  I'm wondering if maybe he isn't getting some erections.  Children can't necessarily express the feeling correctly, if it feels weird to them, they might express it as pain.  Being in the carseat, he might not have been able to shift into a more comfortable position to relieve pressure.

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#3 of 5 Old 12-04-2010, 09:02 PM

My 4 year old sometimes says his penis hurts.  But I think that maybe the glans are still sensitive in spots as it slowly separates.  Causing it to sting on the newly released areas.  For him it never lasts long and is only a passing thing.  He may mention it to me and then that is it he is off playing.

Wife to DH, Mom to my Intact Boys DS1: Born 02 Pain Med Free Hospital Birth, BF'ed for 9 Months, Partially Vax'd DS2: Born 06 via UC, BF'ed 3 years 10 months, and UnVax'd
#4 of 5 Old 12-05-2010, 05:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm View Post

It could be a bit of separation, the ballooning kinda proves that part.  I'm wondering if maybe he isn't getting some erections.  Children can't necessarily express the feeling correctly, if it feels weird to them, they might express it as pain.  Being in the carseat, he might not have been able to shift into a more comfortable position to relieve pressure.

he's been getting erections for some time now... and he always giggles when he gets them.  So I don't think that's it.

mommy to Christopher 2/29/08
#5 of 5 Old 12-05-2010, 12:47 PM

Separation leaves behinds sore spots much like paper cuts for some boys that burn when they urinate. From what you describe I am going to guess that is what is happening. Since it dosnt hurt all the time and seems to be related to when he urinates. There are things you can do to help him heal faster and help it not hurt as much when he does need to pee you can find them here in this link http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=764732

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page