Blister on 2yo's penis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-18-2010, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!!

I really don't know if this belongs here or in Health and Healing, but this is where the intact knowledgeable folks seem to hang out, so I'm posting here!

My ds is nearly 2yo (Jan 10th!), and is intact.  He has what looks like a blister on his penis, near the base (NOT close to his foreskin, this is not a circ vs intact issue as far as I can tell) that is red, but not puffy or swollen at all. 

Any ideas about what it could be?  What could have caused it???  What I can do to help it heal?? (we use sposies,  FWIW)

If it gets worse my ex and I are going to take him in to the ped, but she's not super foreskin friendly so I wanted to ask here first!!!

TIA

#2 of 7 Old 12-18-2010, 09:30 PM

It could be a smegma pearl, which are normal and harmless.  They do form under the foreskin though, so if you are sure it is above where the foreskin ends, then it's not a smegma pearl.

If it is a true blister, then it could be from the diaper or something rubbing in just that spot.  A blister will be filled with clear fluid.  You might want to try another brand of diapers to see if that fixes it.  It could also be from the buckle of the carseat rubbing.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#3 of 7 Old 12-19-2010, 05:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eepster View Post

It could be a smegma pearl, which are normal and harmless.  They do form under the foreskin though, so if you are sure it is above where the foreskin ends, then it's not a smegma pearl.

If it is a true blister, then it could be from the diaper or something rubbing in just that spot.  A blister will be filled with clear fluid.  You might want to try another brand of diapers to see if that fixes it.  It could also be from the buckle of the carseat rubbing.

That must be it!  Thanks!!!  We'll have to fix that!

#4 of 7 Old 12-19-2010, 12:50 PM

It could also be a cyst- which can form on any body part.  Cysts are typically harmless, but they can get easily infected if they break- which may (or may not) happen.  Depending on the cyst- where it is, etc.it might be advisable to have it removed or it might be unnecessary.  I know of someone who had one on his glans (circumcised) that was there for 30+ years and then out of nowhere caused some problems.  (but this was resolved very easily)

I'm not sure what information is out there about cysts, or cysts on the penis- but the main point is that it is unlikely to have anything to do with him being intact.

Hope you figure it out.

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#5 of 7 Old 12-19-2010, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I'm positive its a blister - it looks less red today, and its obvious that the top layer is going to dry out and peel (gross I know!).  And I know its from the carseat cause the one I have (that we rarely use b/c I don't have a car) has a buckle thats too close to his body, and the blister is in exactly the spot that it would rub, so I'm going to fix that in the morning and hopefully we don't have any more problems!

#6 of 7 Old 12-19-2010, 07:09 PM

Yeast can manifest with blisters as well. For it to be a pearl it would need to be on the glans under the foreskin not near where his body meets his penis.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#7 of 7 Old 12-22-2010, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

I'll keep that in mind MCatLvrMom!  I'm happy to report that after moving the carseat buckle the blister has completely gone away, never peeled, and we've had no more problems!! 

I'm 100% positive that this was NOT a foreskin issue at all - it was too close to his body to be his foreskin, I just asked here b/c this is where the posters know everything there is to know about penis care shy.gif

Thanks everyone!!!

Tags
Health Healing , Skin Care

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page