The old Stanford video with Dr. Greene - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-29-2010, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I notice that Stanford's website now has a different video for the Gomco, but the old video with Dr. Richard Greene has now surfaced on YouTube. At least I think it's the old video. It's either been further edited and text has been added, or Dr. Greene is rehashing his same disturbing pretty penis and rosebud monologue on a new Gomco demonstration.

Didn't Stanford own this video? Unless they put it on there themselves (which I doubt very seriously after reading the text), the editing and posting is a copyright violation. I'm thinking some doctor owns it, anyway. Sometime during the video Dr. Greene refers to it as a training video, but the text is really amateurish and whoever posted it is clearly trying to get a rise out of intactivists. The problem is that YouTube won't accept a report of copyright infringement from anyone but the owner of the video or a legal representative. 

Is there anything that can be done about this? Any way to find out who owns it, if not Stanford? IMO, this is the most vile of all the circ videos that I've seen, and that's saying a lot. The whole thing is about the mom and the doctor altering this baby's penis to their personal specifications, down to the placement of the scar line. mecry.gif

#2 of 2 Old 01-03-2011, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I believe that video is still on the training site on the Stanford website.  Perhaps emailing the website manager or someone at the hospital would alert them to copyright.

Frankly, I think it is disgraceful that the video is allowed as a source for training.  In one of them, it practically is an endorsement for the doc in it, because it states that many of the doctors request "him" and then the pretty penis comments.

It is a sad and sickening video (all of the teaching circ videos are), and frankly I would imagine that most people are slightly shocked by it.  To me it is pretty obvious the child is in a great deal of pain and they are glossing over it-- it may seem callous as a training prop- so I imagine that could be the defense used- that it is meant for training purposes and that the average parent is just too sensitive to normal surgical procedures, etc.

The images on the website are quite graphic, too.

I'm not going back on there again.  I made reference to it a few months ago, and I'm still not ready to do that to myself again.  It does serve to make me more steadfast.

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page