Just thought I'd let you know... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-10-2011, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know several of you have followed my story with trying to convince DH not to circ.

Well, my son was born a week ago and is still intact. And he's staying that way!

It was actually kind of funny. When the MW did the PKU DH had to leave the room because he hated hearing DS2 cry. After she left I turned to him and said, "Don't get mad, but I have an observation..." (the circ issue is still a bit touchy) "you had to leave when she stuck him but you wanted to have him circ'd?" He looked at me and said, "I wasn't going to be in the room..." I replied, "Still...it was just a heel prick." He's also not in favor of having his tongue tie clipped...even though he understands it IS necessary. He doesn't want to put him through that.

I kind of figured it would happen like this. You know, once the helpless baby actually got here it would be different.

Not to mention that his penis seems really really tiny...he was born at 37 weeks. I found myself wondering how they would even do it...there's so little to work with.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2011, 12:48 PM

I'm new here but I thought I would congratulate you on coming to a happy conclusion on this. I don't know how things work in Texas but in Nevada you have to wait at least -one full month- after the baby is born to have him circumcised. That's right, they do not do them in the hospitals here. You have to wait for his one month check up at his pediatrician so they can do it. It's a complete nightmare. When you are doing the paperwork they ask you if you want the baby to have pain medication or not?! I couldn't believe that, they are talking about cutting parts of a persons body off of course you'd want pain medication, and then it goes into a huge thing how insurance may not cover the pain medication. It's a nightmare and to be honest it was the first time I'd seen my little one have tears rolling down his cheeks.

We had the same debate and went through the pros and cons of it but we went for it. I'm glad that you were able to come up with a happy ending to this.

And congratulations on your new little one as well!

Melody

Old 01-10-2011, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

DS1 was circ'd...the day after he was born. I didn't research it and didn't think about NOT doing it. It wasn't until I actually saw what it looked like and dealt with the crying during diaper changes that I started to think "This was bad."

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Old 01-10-2011, 04:48 PM

I am so happy for your ds2 AFwife. I was so worried for your little guy there for so long and it makes me so happy to see that you spared him that kind of pain.

Synethsia I hope that if you have any more little boys you make the right decision and leave them intact. I am sorry your ds had to go through that kind of pain.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 01-10-2011, 07:07 PM

I am so happy for you Kas!  Liam is staying intact too, but I will start a new post because I don't want to thread steal.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
Old 01-11-2011, 11:36 AM

joy.gif

Old 01-11-2011, 04:18 PM

Wonderful! joy.gif

Mama to my love (4.22.09)
signcirc1.gif
Old 01-12-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synesthesia View Post

You have to wait for his one month check up at his pediatrician so they can do it. It's a complete nightmare. When you are doing the paperwork they ask you if you want the baby to have pain medication or not?! I couldn't believe that, they are talking about cutting parts of a persons body off of course you'd want pain medication, and then it goes into a huge thing how insurance may not cover the pain medication. It's a nightmare and to be honest it was the first time I'd seen my little one have tears rolling down his cheeks.

I'm actually glad for this....it makes the parents question their decision, and not presume anything.  It forces the parents to realize that there is serious pain.  It forces them to consider if the cost is worth the perceived benefit.  I also like the fact that you have to wait.....giving birth is so filled with emotions that this seems insignificant to what you just went through, but it shouldnt be!  I'm forcing my daughter to wait until she is 8 before she can have her ears pierced for gods sake and that hardly qualifies as a non-necessary amputation!

DD5, DS3...Montessori since 8/2010
Bradenton, Florida
Old 01-12-2011, 03:38 PM

I agree it is a good idea to make them wait even better if they didnt even get the option in the first place.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

User Tag List