rebuttal of "the doctors" discussion of circumcision - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-21-2011, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This is an AMAZING video the tears apart the arguments on "The Doctors" tv show.  They had a horribly flawed and misinformed segment on circumcision and someone made an amazing video that they narrated and annotated, pointing out the flaws.

Be sure to watch it all the way to the end, past the credits.  There is a priceless clip at the end.  I watched it several times before I saw the last clip, so don't stop when you get to the credits.

It is a 15 minute clip but it is REALLY worth your time!  I promise!!!

#2 of 4 Old 01-22-2011, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If you look at

http://healthguide.howstuffworks.com/circumcision-picture.htm

You will notice that though the first picture shows a normal baby, the sequence does not indicate that circ is elective surgery.  I left the following feedback:

This page does not mention that cosmetic surgery on babies is unethical and immoral.  It also does not explain that circumcision destroys the most sensitive part of a boy's penis, and does not warn that it is seen by doctors as a good source of income, thus the disease aspect is greatly exaggerated.

#3 of 4 Old 01-22-2011, 02:30 PM

Excellent video!!!  Thanks for sharing it!  I loved the clip at the end!  "Clean it more or chop it off!"  Mmmm?  Which one will it be?  

I'm SO glad I didn't circumcize my son!  

:
#4 of 4 Old 01-23-2011, 07:47 AM

Toolip,  thank you for posting the link to this video - It is hilarious - I would just love to see it aired to those @#$%^&  doctors on that show!! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page