Funny or Die: "Foreskin Intervention" - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-22-2011, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don't know if I'm allowed to link to this video or not but it is a little comedy film on funnyordie.com

I am not sure how I feel about it. A group of family and friends confront a man and try to persuade him for his own good to get a circumcision. They spew myths and the man counters that it is mutilation. On one hand the pro-circumcising family is shown to be absurd so, hopefully, that subversively points out the absurdity of circumcision itself. On the other, I don't think it counters the myths enough and I wonder if the typical viewer will see the truth. Will they see "male circumcision is absurd" as I see when I watch the video? Or will they see "Having an intervention to ask a grown man to get circumcised by a mohel is absurd. We all know he should go to the doctor and discuss it privately or he just should have had it done when he was a baby."

#2 of 2 Old 01-22-2011, 01:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/54z8

I don't think it's as anti-circ as most would probably like, but it makes the pro-circ arguments seem unhinged and absurd as Jared is the voice of reason. And the fact that the girlfriend was utterly clueless as to what a foreskin was at the end kind of reinforces the "what's the big dealness" of it all.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page