my 10 and half month olf son with inflamed penis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-03-2011, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi,

I took my son to the doctors on wednesday for a very nasty nappy rash, she had a look and gave us a cream to us (Hydrozole) 3 times a day. On the visit he had the nappy rash over his testicles, and half on his penis.

i didnt get the cream till thursday which we have been using now for the last 16 hours.

But my question is: The tip of his penis is inflamed and red and when i go to touch around his penis he tries so hard to get away from me. I need to know what is happening and what i should do?

#2 of 3 Old 02-03-2011, 11:10 PM

I had to google hydrozole, since we don't have it in the US under that name.  

It seems to be a basic all purpose anti-fungal (looks similar to monistat which is available in the US.)  So it sounds like your Dr suspects a fungal infection. This seems a good first course of treatment, but if it doesn't work go back for a culture.  When treating a minor infection on the genitals it's always good to treat for fungal first.

If putting it on him is too much of a struggle, try putting it on while he is sleeping.  You could also put some on a tissue and put the tissue inside his diaper when you change him, the cream will rub off the tissue on to his penis and testicles when he moves around.

Also, make sure he gets some naked time to let things air and dry out.

If you use cloth diapers, they will need to be sanitized.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
#3 of 3 Old 02-04-2011, 08:27 AM

I agree to let things air out. Also, when my son had a similar problem, I put a drop of my breast milk on the tip at each diaper change. Momma's milk is so powerful. Good luck.

~Manjari~ crafty lady, momma to DS Prahlad (3/07) and DD Daisy (7/10). Happily married to my Boo.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page