Wow, I am ready to walk. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 31 Old 02-18-2011, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catholic74 View Post

Women who don't believe in circumcision are a minority in this country right now.  The battle to reverse the trend to circumcize in America is in it's infancy and there will be a long, drawn out battle ahead of us.  We have to start in our own homes, with our husbands and partners, no matter what it takes.   Someday, our husbands will or will not understand, but I believe with each generation of boys who are left intact, the tide will turn in favor of more American couples choosing NOT to circumcize......after all....."dad" (our sons grown up) never was and he's just fine the way he is......it will take time, but we have to stand firm and fight the good fight. My husband was furious with me too, he was cruel, angry, insulting, he ignored me, refused to help with our infant son.....the whole 9  yards........things have settled down, our son is 3 now, but he still disagrees with me.  We just don't talk about it anymore.  I'm pregnant again and don't know what I'm having, but interestingly, this time, he doesn't even ask or bring it up. He knows I will never relent on that issue.   There's nothing to discuss.  

Exactly. This is why i think that if Mama's stood up, it would end rather quickly.

intactivist.gifwinner.jpg fambedsingle2.gif  learning.gif homeschool.gif buddamomimg1.png gd.gif delayedvax.gif selectivevax.gif  supermod.gif (Yeah right)

angel3.gif loss 2/28/03           photosmile2.gif  ds 1/5/08             asl.gif dd 2/8/10

When we know better, we do better. ~Maya Angelou 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page