When the parents disagree on circ... - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: When the parents disagree on circ, which one wants it done more often from your experience?
Mom does, Dad doesn't 1 4.55%
Mom doesn't, Dad does 21 95.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-08-2011, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

In cases where the mother and father disagree on whether or not a boy should be circumcised, from your personal experience which parent has which opinion more often? Here on Mothering it seems like it's more often a circumcised dad who insist it should be done over the mom's wishes than the other way around, but on some other sites some men say it's the mother who is more often pro-circ.

Kelly, a man who is proud to be intact!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2011, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It has been my experience that it is usually the dad that wants the circ and the mom doesn't. 

Old 02-09-2011, 07:13 AM

It's my opinion that it's almost always the parent who does not want to circumcise who feels more distress over the conflict and seeks the help of others to get the other parent (who does want to circumcise) to come around. 

Now that I think about it, I can't recall ever seeing a parent post, "Help- my partner does not want to circumcise how can I convince then that we should!"  Maybe it's because the person in this situation assumes that they have all the family, friends, society and doctors on their side... and they don't need to really pull together a "case" .

So, if we assume that the partner seeking advice or help is almost always the non-circumcision viewpoint... it seems reasonable that non-circumcicsion wives will post at female dominated mothering type forums seeking help- and giving the impression that it's always the husband pushing for the circumcision... but the non-circumcision husbands will post to fathering type forums- giving them the impression that it's always the wives demanding circumcision .  It's just the way it appears on forums that have almost all members of one gender. 

Old 02-09-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainandTall View Post

It's my opinion that it's almost always the parent who does not want to circumcise who feels more distress over the conflict and seeks the help of others to get the other parent (who does want to circumcise) to come around. 

Now that I think about it, I can't recall ever seeing a parent post, "Help- my partner does not want to circumcise how can I convince then that we should!"  Maybe it's because the person in this situation assumes that they have all the family, friends, society and doctors on their side... and they don't need to really pull together a "case" .

So, if we assume that the partner seeking advice or help is almost always the non-circumcision viewpoint... it seems reasonable that non-circumcicsion wives will post at female dominated mothering type forums seeking help- and giving the impression that it's always the husband pushing for the circumcision... but the non-circumcision husbands will post to fathering type forums- giving them the impression that it's always the wives demanding circumcision .  It's just the way it appears on forums that have almost all members of one gender. 

Well, on this site, that post would get pulled for being against TOA so fast, the head would spin.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:04 PM

I can only really comment on my own experience I was against it and dh was for though he didnt fight me to badly on it once I told him that it wasnt happening he pretty much gave up.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 02-09-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lilsweetfoxesView Post
View Post

Well, on this site, that post would get pulled for being against TOA so fast, the head would spin.

Oh, agreed!- I was including my experience at other boards as well.

User Tag List