I used the argument I saw here and my DH "got it" I think - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-12-2011, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I told my dh that if the next baby is a boy, I won't be circ'ing him. DH said he doesn't want the baby to look different from himself and he is worried he will compare. I told dh that unless we put the baby in steroids and glue pubic hair to him, he will look different anyway. My dh looked a little shocked but realize he couldn't argue with that. LOL...I got that response from here. Thanks!

#2 of 11 Old 02-12-2011, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good job! I used that comment on my DH too after I saw it here.

E, wife to D, mommy to G (born March 2010). joy.gif

#3 of 11 Old 02-12-2011, 11:24 AM

yep, by the time he can look like daddy, I doubt they'll even be seeing each others genitals anyway!  Besides, even with the adult penis, it will still look somewhat different... they'll never be identical.  If you look closely enough, you'll always find differences.

#4 of 11 Old 02-12-2011, 04:04 PM

One person on another board said to ask a man: "Do you remember what YOUR father's penis looks like?  Do you even care?"

#5 of 11 Old 02-13-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa1970 View Post

he doesn't want the baby to look different from himself and he is worried he will compare. I told dh that unless we put the baby in steroids and glue pubic hair to him, he will look different anyway.

Besides, it's the baby who's normal.  If the dad wants to match HE can restore.

titania8 likes this.

-Ron
HIS body, HIS decision.
#6 of 11 Old 02-17-2011, 07:42 AM

I can't even begin to imagine what the child would think when he grows up: "I was circed to look like Dad? That's ridiculus."

intactivist.gifwinner.jpg fambedsingle2.gif  learning.gif homeschool.gif buddamomimg1.png gd.gif delayedvax.gif selectivevax.gif  supermod.gif (Yeah right)

angel3.gif loss 2/28/03           photosmile2.gif  ds 1/5/08             asl.gif dd 2/8/10

When we know better, we do better. ~Maya Angelou 

#7 of 11 Old 02-19-2011, 10:28 PM

i liked the comeback someone here said, that no one will be looking in the baby's diaper going, "aww look, he has your penis, Dad!"

(except of course the circumcised dad who has to validate his own circumcision by doing it to the son.)

#8 of 11 Old 02-20-2011, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treece View Post

I can't even begin to imagine what the child would think when he grows up: "I was circed to look like Dad? That's ridiculus."

Oh my gosh! I was just thinking of how I would feel if anyone did anything to me to try to make me look more like my parents. uugggh!

#9 of 11 Old 02-20-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa1970 View Post

Oh my gosh! I was just thinking of how I would feel if anyone did anything to me to try to make me look more like my parents. uugggh!

What I don't get is why these men don't go out and buy Daddy-son t-shirts? Then everyone would be able to tell they matched without any risk of getting arrested for public indecency violations.

or matching hair cuts

or matching shoes

or a toy car that's the same as dad drives

or my goodness there's about a thousand "just like Daddy" things that could be done.

#10 of 11 Old 02-22-2011, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

My DH has salt-and-pepper hair, brown eyes, and a mustache. Our sons have blond hair, blue eyes, and are just starting to grow facial hair (at age 16), but they probably won't ever grow a mustache that looks like their dad's.

If it's OK for fathers and sons to be vastly different in areas that are readily obvious, why is it so important to have penises that look the same (as much as an adult penis would look like a child's penis anyway)?

If the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

#11 of 11 Old 02-22-2011, 12:12 PM

I'm not sure. But in a picture of my family, my ds1 stands out like a sore thumb. Everyone is brown haired and he has the palest blonde hair ever.

intactivist.gifwinner.jpg fambedsingle2.gif  learning.gif homeschool.gif buddamomimg1.png gd.gif delayedvax.gif selectivevax.gif  supermod.gif (Yeah right)

angel3.gif loss 2/28/03           photosmile2.gif  ds 1/5/08             asl.gif dd 2/8/10

When we know better, we do better. ~Maya Angelou 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page