crib cards? or other no circ signs for hospital use - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-22-2011, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, I know I had these for my older sons, but i cant seem to find them now.  Do any of you know of a website where I can print off crib cards of other things of that nature to remind the staff at my hospital that we do not circ?  I dont really like the t-shirts and stuff for the babies, becasue they seem a little too in your face for me.  I would prefer something more along the lines of a gentle reminder.  The staff has always been great in the past, but we do need to repeatedly state NO.  I live in a state that has over 80% circ rates so they are not really used to people saying no, although they are totally fine with it.  Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2011, 06:52 PM

I dont know of a site with them but you could always make some yourself by using word pad.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 02-22-2011, 09:28 PM

I did up a quick .jpeg if you want to use it feel free.No Circ Breastfed.jpg

Wife to DH, Mom to my Intact Boys DS1: Born 02 Pain Med Free Hospital Birth, BF'ed for 9 Months, Partially Vax'd DS2: Born 06 via UC, BF'ed 3 years 10 months, and UnVax'd
Old 02-23-2011, 07:35 AM

I wish I had one of these at the hospital where my son was born too!  We live in circ. central!  Though, nobody challenged us on our decision to leave him Intact, we kept getting asked if we wanted to have him circ'ed and kept having to say no.  One nurse said: "I noticed you didn't sign the circumcision consent form..."   I finally asked that they write something in his chart so we didn't have to go over it at every shift change.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Just get a $1.00 surgical marker on ebay and write NO CUT directly in his penis.  It washes off eventually (more quickly with alcohol). 

-Ron
HIS body, HIS decision.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:50 PM

I would make a custom one using Power Point.  This way, you can put clipart in there and it would be a unique sign that you'd also be able to identify if a doctor or nurse tries to remove it from the crib at the hospital.

One thing I'd also do is laminate the card to make sure it doesn't get ripped.  This might also work for a sign for a exclusively breastfed newborn.

Jessiesigncirc1.gif

Old 02-25-2011, 08:49 PM

I've always just written NO CIRC with a marker on a piece of 8.5 by 11 card stock and slipped it in the bassinet.

User Tag List