Don't know if this is the right category... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-01-2011, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

but my son is intact. He is 17 months old. He is very interested in his penis, and has been since about 5 months. All his naked baby pics have his hands on penis!!

Anyway, at any point do I need to do anything with cleaning him? Since he is always messing with himself anyway, I assume he is doing what needs to be done?? My husband was cut and I don't really know what, if anything, I need to do for my son. Thank you for your advice... I don't know where else to go!!

#2 of 5 Old 04-01-2011, 08:55 PM

Yes you came to the right place. There is nothing you need to do to clean him other than swish his penis in the bath. Remember that the only person who should ever push the skin back is your ds. Watch out for health care workers who want to "just look and see how far it goes back" because they can hurt your ds.

Once he is older and able to understand things then you can start talking to him about moving the skin back and rinsing it off. Though it isnt necessary until puberty it is a good habit to establish.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 5 Old 04-01-2011, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! I appreciate your help!! At what point is it good for him to start learning to push the skin back? Is there some point where he will start to do that himself?

#4 of 5 Old 04-01-2011, 09:28 PM

At some point he will figure it out. If I remember right ds was around 4 before he figured out how to pull it back rather than stretch it to his knees lol.gif

I just started telling ds to pull it back and rinse in the last year and he is 6yo. He had been doing it a bit in the bath on his own but I hadnt told him to do it before now. You can start working with him when he is old enough to understand the concept of what you are telling him.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#5 of 5 Old 04-01-2011, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! I appreciate this help... our doc isn't very helpful. We are currently looking for a new one, but until then, I just need a little reassurance that I am doing the right thing!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page