Mothering Forum banner

Book suggestion please....

611 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Night_Nurse 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I haven't posted in a *very* long time here - but hope you can all help me out.

My friends niece who I knew, babysat and spent a lot of time with as a young child has recently come back into the "fold" into my friends life and consequently mine! She's now 21, I haven't spent any real time with her since she was 11 or so.

Of course, she is 2 months pregnant with a guy she has known for 3 months and they're trying to make a "go" of it. (Not a used car, but I digress....)

She's a nice girl with a heart of gold, but just not that bright from midwestern IL for a cultural context. I wanted to give her a book on pregnancy/mothering, something that would really help her. I clearly want an anti-circ message that explains intact care along with other sound bits of advice that would server her well, but not sound but not so crunchy that it turns her off the whole book?

Hopefully you wise women can get the flavour of what I'm requesting.

I've enlisted the help of her older sister and my friend to talk with her and they'll get it across but I would like to get something concrete in her hands as she's always been a bit of a reader.

I'm cautiously optimistic!

Thanks!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.