Our first problem at one year- what to do?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-17-2011, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS's penis looked fine last night but this morning when I took off his nighttime diaper, his penis was swollen, bloody and little flaps of white skin around the tip (like it had blistered and popped). WHAT IS WRONG????? And, his nighttime diaper wasn't as wet as normal.

I stuck him in a bath right away and then squirted some breastmilk on it. He's currently in a cloth diaper with no cover (to get air and so I know when he pees). He doesn't seem to be uncomfortable or in pain. He hasn't peed since getting up.

How long do I wait for him to pee before taking him in? And if I need to take him in, how do I make sure they don't retract? I'm freaking out at the thought of doctors/ nurses pulling on his foreskin and hurting him!

E, wife to D, mommy to G (born March 2010). joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 04-17-2011, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

A little update. He peed after two hours (right after he peed he came to nurse and was fussy so I think it stung.) His penis did not look swollen anymore though was still very raw. So, I put diaper cream on it and he's in a disposable now.

E, wife to D, mommy to G (born March 2010). joy.gif

#3 of 6 Old 04-17-2011, 04:42 PM

It could be as simple as diaper rash. Since it is getting better with what you are doing keep it up and if it dosnt get totally better in the next 24 hours take him in for a culture to see if yeast or bacteria is present.

Diaper rash can look really bad on both girls and boys especially when the penis is involved because the foreskin is so vascular it will swell a lot.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#4 of 6 Old 04-17-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X View Post

It could be as simple as diaper rash. Since it is getting better with what you are doing keep it up and if it dosnt get totally better in the next 24 hours take him in for a culture to see if yeast or bacteria is present.

Diaper rash can look really bad on both girls and boys especially when the penis is involved because the foreskin is so vascular it will swell a lot.

Do little girls also swell up down there due to diaper rash or infection?  It's been a while since I changed a girl's diaper...

9/2011 items decluttered
#5 of 6 Old 04-17-2011, 10:41 PM

Yep, my dd had very sensitive skin and had many diaper rashes over the time she was in them some worse than others and many produced swelling and pain. Ds also had a few bad poo's where he ended up having pain and swelling of his foreskin that went away very quickly with the use of diaper cream.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#6 of 6 Old 04-18-2011, 04:55 PM
A&A

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Sorry!  I somehow ended up posting on the wrong thread. 

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page