Possible Forced Foreskin Retraction? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-18-2011, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son is 20months old and has not been circumcised. Lately, while in the bath, he has taken to yanking on his penis, very very hard. We try not to draw attention to this activity, we just let him do what he wants in his bath.  Four nights ago, he yanked it harder than he ever has. The next morning, it was red and swollen. I changed his diapers more frequently so I could keep an eye on it and keep it cleaner. I have noticed a little spot (substance unknown) in his diaper where the tip of his penis had pressed, but today I noticed a little spot of blood. Just a speck, really. Well, since that spot, I have noticed a crack in the foreskin and additional bleeding.  I have been slathering organic, raw coconut oil on it and I guess my question is: has this happened to anyone else's boy? Will this heal on its own? We have a doctor appt. tomorrow morning, but since we don't have health insurance I was hoping we could forego the appt. if it will heal. I bought some new bath time toys to distract him from yanking in the meantime.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2011, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like he might have scratched it. Ds did that occasionally and I just put a lot of diaper cream on it. I treated it like I did when dd got irritation and never thought much about it. It never occurred to me to talk to a Dr. about it.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

User Tag List