So proud! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-27-2011, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so freaking proud of my younger son, who will be 19 in about a month! In response to something someone else said on Facebook today he said in no uncertain terms how ridiculous it is to remove a part of the body just in case there might be an issue later. He said if that's the case for circumcision, then maybe we should remove hair at birth to prevent lice or teeth because they can become infected. He also posted a short video that alternated between a pediatrician saying it might be a good idea to circ because of the "locker room issue" and footage of a precious little guy being circumcised. DS is definitely one to speak out about things but this is so awesome for someone his age. I'm beaming! Goooo, Isaac!
PatioGardener likes this.

Kali (pka Michelle) ~ crunchy wife to Cory (09/06) ~ Mama to H (03/90) & I (06/92)--bothnocirc.gifbf.jpg BF for 35 consecutive months ~ angel1.gif x 4

#2 of 5 Old 04-28-2011, 04:14 AM

joy.gif It is with the younger people that circ will become a thing of the past.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 5 Old 04-28-2011, 06:19 AM

I was talking to another anti-circ friend last night, and we were talking about how assanine it is for circumcised men to think their opinion weighs more than the mother's because they have a penis. We are the ones who haven't been cut and know what it's like to have what nature gave us. I made mention of how intact is normal, and she asked, shouldn't I watch my terminology in front of Corbin so he doesn't think he's different? And I said no, I want him to know. I want him to know that I made a mistake and that I'm sorry, that it shouldn't have been done, that it's not normal or healthy. So that when he grows up, he doesn't repeat my error and doesn't stand by silently while others do.

It's always cool to see someone you "converted" being an intactivist on their own, so I bet you are proud! I'm glad he stands up for what he believes in and I hope my sons grow up to do that too.

fambedsingle2.gif Heather, 25, single mom to Corbin, 5, and Orin, 3  uc.jpg  delayedvax.gif  nocirc.gif
Oh how I miss the days of femalesling.GIF  nak.gifcd.gif  
#4 of 5 Old 04-30-2011, 07:18 AM

Good for him!!  Some years ago, my DS, then in his early 20s persuaded a friend (who was a single mom) not to circumcise her baby boy. I felt very proud too.

#5 of 5 Old 04-30-2011, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakunangovi View Post

Good for him!!  Some years ago, my DS, then in his early 20s persuaded a friend (who was a single mom) not to circumcise her baby boy. I felt very proud too.

That's awesome!

Kali (pka Michelle) ~ crunchy wife to Cory (09/06) ~ Mama to H (03/90) & I (06/92)--bothnocirc.gifbf.jpg BF for 35 consecutive months ~ angel1.gif x 4

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page