Tight Foreskin - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

#31 of 40 Old 08-10-2014, 03:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just read this and I am not sure either, my 4 year old can retract his foreskin and clean but my 5 1/2 year old only has the most tiniest little pinholes and can not retract he has never been able to and he plays with it all day like he is uncomfortable, I am going to go see his doctor and I am thinking of getting him circumcised because I don't want to risk infection and if he is uncomfortable with it and if my 4 year old can retract his I believe my other son should be able too, I think it maybe necessary for my son to be done
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 40 Old 08-11-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becksyboo View Post
I just read this and I am not sure either, my 4 year old can retract his foreskin and clean but my 5 1/2 year old only has the most tiniest little pinholes and can not retract he has never been able to and he plays with it all day like he is uncomfortable, I am going to go see his doctor and I am thinking of getting him circumcised because I don't want to risk infection and if he is uncomfortable with it and if my 4 year old can retract his I believe my other son should be able too, I think it maybe necessary for my son to be done
Please, please don't even think of circumcising your 5 1/2 year old. A foreskin is a very valuable and useful organ. I know it is hard to see him as a sexual being, but one day he will be and the loss of his foreskin will impact his sex life for ever. Foreskins are not supposed to retract in children. See www.cirp.org/library/normal . They are tight to keep contaminants out. The horror stories of infections are directly due to mis-informed care givers prematurely retracting boy's foreskins. I intact cultures, such as Scandinavia, where foreskins are not messed with, the average age of retraction is 10 1/2. It is hugely variable. A very few are retractable at birth. Many are not able to retract until around puberty. A very few men live their whole life very happily with a foreskin that never retracts. It is a self cleaning organ, just like a girl's parts, and messing around with too much soap etc throws out the natural balance of flora.

I applaud you for keeping your sons intact. Your oldest probably plays with his because it feels good. A foreskin is the most highly innervated part of a male's body.
#33 of 40 Old 08-11-2014, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Becksyboo, your 5 year old can talk! So you can asking him if he is experiencing chronic penis pain. Little boys often play with their penises, and it isn't usually because of pain.

A wait-and-see approach is a pretty good way of dealing with this. There is no need to do anything if your son's penis is not bothering him or preventing him from peeing. Around puberty, you can always check in again to make sure he has no complaints. If he has no complaints, there isn't a problem, and you don't need to do anything.

If his foreskin really is so tight it is painful, there are lots of things to do before circumcision. Steroid cream and gentle stretching can help, as can a small slit at the top of the foreskin. This, of course, only works if the foreskin has separated from the glans, and at your son's age, it's possible this has not happened yet.
#34 of 40 Old 08-12-2014, 08:51 AM

I agree with everything Michelle said - a tight foreskin is easily resolved by other methods than amputation. See: www.cirp.org/library/treatment/phimosis . I love the statistic that in Finland - a non circumcising nation - only one man in over 16,000 will die without his foreskin, as it proves that foreskins are a very resilient organ and rarely give trouble.
#35 of 40 Old 08-12-2014, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Piling on to second what MichelleZB and hakunangovi said. I'm thankful that I became retractable at a fairly young age since I grew up in a time and place where retractability was pretty much required if you wanted to avoid circumcision. (Oh, the number of "foreskin is a privilege, not a right" talks I got as a kid/teen.) Nowadays, I think we're a little more educated. The link hakunangovi provided is striking in pointing out the vast array of non-circumcision interventions available to someone with phimosis.
#36 of 40 Old 08-13-2014, 01:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by becksyboo View Post
I was age 3 when I could retract my foreskin. So what? The average age of natural foreskin /glans separation is age 10, though it can be up to age 18/19. This natural separation is testosterone mediated, even 4% of males are born foreskin retractable. Nature provides this separation to feel itchy, thus boys itch and manipulate by pulling outward their foreskin. This in turn, speeds the separation. NO ONE should attempt to retract ones foreskin except by the owner. In Europe doctors don't touch a penis there's no need to, unless this is specifically why the appointment is made. So many doctors prematurely forcibly retract a boys foreskin thus causing the pain of tearing tissue and probable tightening of the foreskin due to non expandable scarring. Beware it only takes a second for a doctor/nurse to cause this harm. Mothernature then makes it itchy, itching leads to manipulation, manipulation leads to masturbation, leads to how best to pleasure, leads to how best to pleasure one's partner, but circumcision without the rolling of mechanical skin uses the hand, so how does this learning then interact intercourse?

I chose circumcision for myself at about age 5. You can read "My Story" and other references on foreskin / circumcision in my facebook NOTES:
This paper was presented last week at the International Genital Autonomy Symposium by Ashley Trueman who teaches a birth class and is assisted and written by Kellinjoe Crawford:

"In case someone will certainly circumcise. On to circumcision." - By Kellinjoe Crawford
August 6, 2014 at 8:40pm

The Foreskin & Circumcision; Facts You Need to Know to Make an Informed Decision

We can't fully understand circumcision without understanding what the foreskin is and the functions it serves. The foreskin is the primary erogenous tissue that is necessary for normal sexual function, it is present in all mammals and has been for at least 65 million years or more. It is specialized tissue composed of skin, mucosa, nerves, blood vessels, and muscle fibers. It has over 16 known functions including protecting the glans of the penis, providing a gliding mechanism during sexual intercourse or masturbation which prevents chaffing and micro tears, creates pleasurable nerve response for both parties, and maintains lubrication within the vagina rather than pulling it out with each stroke, as well as provides an immunological defense system. It also contains over 20,000 specialized nerve endings that aid in sexual sensitivity as well as sexual control, compared to the 8,000 contained in the clitoris. Circumcised males experience significantly more premature ejaculation in early sexual activity and 4.5 times more erectile dysfunction later in life than their intact peers, because the physiologic nerve response is missing and the unprotected glans becomes Keratinized/calloused due to unnatural externalization over time. The changes that occur are similar to what would happen to your eyes if you removed the eyelids or your mouth if you removed the lips. Those special nerve endings are called Meisnner's-Corpuscles, the same nerves found on the lips and inside of the hand, you can feel the difference if you run your fingers over the back of your hand and then the inside of your palm and fingers. At birth and throughout childhood the foreskin is fused to the glans as a protective function with a connective tissue called BPL, it is the same tissue that keeps the fingernails attached to the nail bed or the hymen of a young girl intact to protect the internal genitalia from foreign contaminates. Retraction of the foreskin occurs in two steps, first the separation of the foreskin from the glans, allowing shaft skin to develop over time, and then the dense fiberous muscle tissue of the Frenar or ridged band which acts as a sphincter keeping contaminants out and allowing urine to pass, will become more elastic due to the sex hormones of puberty and self exploration. When separation has begun but before the ridged band is elastic, ballooning may occur and is perfectly normal and actually hygienic. When part or all of the foreskin has separated, sterile urine will initially flow to the path of least resistance before exiting out the end of the foreskin. This ballooning serves to rinse away any expired skin cells and keep the newly differentiated structures from re-adhearing. You may have heard of smegma, the Greek word for soap, that all human genitals produce although it is more prominent in females, it is comprised of skin cells and body oils, has a white slightly waxy appearance, ladies will be familiar with this from their own bodies, and it may have the faint scent of genitals but will not have the strong odors associated with illness. During the brief stage when only portions of the foreskin have separated, expired cells and smegma may build and can appear as a white discharge much like you will see on your daughters, or a briefly cloudy appearance to the urine, this is not a sign of infection and will not likely be seen after sexual maturity. Also it's always normal to see a reddened tip of the foreskin on an intact child who is warm or hot especially when in diapers. The inner foreskin is a mucous membrane so it's similar to how our skin changes color from our face, to our lips, to the inside of our mouth, deepening in color. Especially when it's warm you're more likely to see where the skin naturally transitions to a red color as the warmth relaxes the tissues. Being in a wet diaper can also deepen the redness much like eating and drinking reddens the lips, and if it's been too long in a diaper the skin may get a little chapped and red, like any skin left in a diaper too long. If you ever find yourself worried about it or the skin looks a little cracked or uncomfortable, just give the child some diaper free time and approach like any baby getting rashy, you will come to learn that a foreskin that is a little red at the tip is nothing to be alarmed about. Retraction is strictly a sexual function and phimosis cannot be diagnosed unless urine is unable to pass or a POST-PUBESANT man's foreskin does not retract AND causes him discomfort during sexual activity. Treatment with steroid creme and gentle stretching is generally all that is called for and in the rare case of an emergency like inability to pass urine a dorsal slit and repair should be utilized, circumcision defeats the purpose of treating phimosis in adults, the desire to enjoy the gliding mechanism of the foreskin, and is unnecessary and overtly aggressive in the treatment of a child. Even attempting to diagnose phimosis in a child will cause serious harm since it will involve attempting to retract the foreskin prematurely. No more than you would attempt to stretch loose your daughter's hymen or tear back her clitoral hood to scrub her clitoris, you should never attempt the equivalent with your son or allow anyone else to, the first person to retract the foreskin is the boy himself and do not worry about self exploration, toddlers pull away from their body which will not damage the BPL. On to circumcision. The surgical amputation is billed under the V50 code for cosmetic procedures along with hair transplants, breast augmentation, and elective nose jobs. There are 3 common surgical methods, the Gomco clamp, the Mogen clamp, and the Plastibell. Each has different risks and very different cosmetic results. There are also styles of cuts; high and tight, low and tight, high and loose, and low and loose, each requiring different after care. Even if you don't have a preference you need to learn the circumciser's preference in order to minimize risks and long term complications spefic to the wound your individual child has. All surgeries begin the same. Hemostats are used to pinch the sides of the ridged band and tear the structure open, then another hemostat makes a crush line to seal the vessels and reduce bleeding when the next step is taken, usually surgical scissors cut into the top of the foreskin along the crush line. This is done so that a blunt instrument can be inserted to tear the foreskin off of the glans and shaft. Then different methods proceed differently from this point. With the Gomco, a metal bell is inserted to cover and protect the glans from accidental amputation, there are 3 sizes and incorrect sizing leads to severe accidents. Then the torn foreskin and bell are pulled through the clamp and the screw is tightened, crushing the foreskin with 8,000-20,000 pounds of pressure. After several minutes of crushing to reduce hemorrhage risk, the foreskin above the crush line is cut off with a scalpel and the clamp and bell are removed. This method is associated with higher death rates and complications from hemorrhage and too much skin removed necessitating skin grafts either early on or later, or causing hairy shaft and splitting tears on the glans from erections. With the Mogen clamp, the choice of most mohels because it is most similar to the traditional Jewish tool, the torn foreskin is pulled up over the glans as much as possible while the glans is pinched with the thumb and forefinger to keep it from being crushed or cut, the foreskin is pulled through the slit and the clamp is shut, again crushing the foreskin for several minutes and then scissors or a scapel is used to cut off the foreskin above the clamp. This method requires a blind cut be made and carries an increased risk of accidentally amputating the glans, because of this and several lawsuits naming the tool in the deaths of several infants the company that made the clamp is no longer is business, but the clamps are still in use because they simply get sterilized and used again and again. Finally the Plastibell, the method with the most myth surrounding it. Often this is erroneously called the "no-cut" method or "painless" method, but this one certainly involves just as much cutting and the pain from this one may last the longest.There is still a crush line and cut made to tear the foreskin apart from the glans. The plastic bell is inserted to cover the glans and then a string is wrapped tightly around a groove in the bell, the foreskin remaining above the string is cut with scissors or a scalpel and then over the course of several days the foreskin caught between the string losses circulation until it dies and rots off, this unfortunately leaves the risk of serious infection, including necrotizing fasciitis a fast spreading form of gangrene, where the surrounding tissues rot and have to be surgically removed, as well as the risk of the ring migrating and cutting off more of the penis than intended. On an infant, the wound will always be the equivalent of a 3rd degree burn, an organ with no skin since the penis is underdeveloped and does not have shaft skin yet. Circumcision on an adult is less painful because they have shaft skin developed already so the entire penile shaft is not an open wound like on a child, plus their surgical dressing is not a urine and feces filled diaper, additionally they would have a spinal block and general anesthesia as well as adequate post operative medication and the ability to verbalize their pain relief needs. An added benefit to circumcising an adult rather than a child is that on a larger surgical site there is less chance for the fatal error of severing the artery and causing a catastrophic hemorrhage and the penis is fully developed and the risk of removing too much skin requiring skin graft to stop erections from splitting the glans open is greatly reduced as there is no way to know how much or in what way a child's genitals will grow. And remember, every trainee circumciser has to do their first circumcision, do you really want them to practice on your son? Because there is no requirement to tell you that a student will be performing the amputation and many doctors refuse to allow parents in the room to comfort their child so there is no way for them to know who did it.Pain relief options include sugar water, an obviously ineffective tool, its most usual purpose is only forcibly quieting the child for the comfort of the circumciser. EMLA cream must be applied for 1 full hour to be effective, it specifically states that it is not to be used on infants or genitals, so why it's used on infant genital amputations I cannot understand. If applied for the full hour it will only provide relief to the outside of the foreskin, so when the foreskin is torn from the glans and shaft there is no relief and when the foreskin is clamped and cut the inner nerves will be fully responsive. The dorsal penial nerve block is a painful injection and only numbs the top half of the penis, the bottom half will feel everything including the severing of the frenulum or male g-spot. The ring block appears to be the most effective although still not fully, it involves several injections surrounding the base of the penis that cause a burning sensation, usually 4 are done, it also does not help much for the pain of separation and none of these do any good for post-operative pain. The majority of providers prefer not to use any type of pain relief, siting the false belief that babies cannot feel pain, that the pain doesn't matter because it won't be remembered even though multiple scientific studies show severe pain experiences like this re-wire the brain and cause long term psychological harm, and most simply feel it takes too long and prolonging the process makes it worse for the baby than the surgical pain itself, which makes no sense. Many nurses are instructed to tell parents "he slept right through it" when in fact that is a physiologic impossibility, many babies appeared to be sleeping during the circumcision-pain studies but brain scans and hormone levels showed that they were actually in a state of shock, a semi-coma, their brains processing enormous amounts of distress and even months later their stress hormone levels never returned to their baseline. You know who else slept through a painful amputation? The baby several years ago, whose NICU nurse was trying to cut tape off of her and mistakenly cut off her thumb with scissors, she let out a cry and immediately slept for hours, it was not a normal sleeping state.Circumcisers usually don't deal with long term complications so their post operative care is generally too short term and very lacking. Pediatric urologists, who in this country, have an average of 30% and sometimes up to 50% of their cases coming from circumcision complications and repairs, state quite clearly that other provider's circumcision wound care instructions are dangerously deficient. Pediatric urology journals state clearly that the most effective way to reduce cases of meatal stenosis is to apply vasaline at every diaper change for at least 6 months post surgery and up to 12 months. Meatal stenosis is a common complication and is exclusively caused by circumcision and impairs future fertility, impedes the flow of urine, and requires corrective surgery. Additionally at each change for the first 12 months the tissue at the scar line should be gently pulled back to prevent adhesions and skin bridges as the tissues try to heal and reattach, this will prevent not only cosmetic complaints but also further discomfort especially during future sexual activity. Its also needed for hygiene because unlike when the child was intact and had a sphincter muscle and tissue fusion protecting him from contaminants, unnatural adhesions and skin bridges will harbor everything that was meant to be kept out.This link is to the study that showed longer term care resulted in significantly fewer complications.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...30142/Although circumcision deaths are often under and mis-reported, usually the secondary cause of death is named like hemorrhage, stroke, infection, heart failure, shock, choking, ruptured organ (from excessive screaming during surgery), and even "failure to thrive" due to circumcision surgery, the lowest estimate of annual circumcision deaths as reported by hospitals alone, who report a 33% circumcision rate nationwide, is an average of 117 deaths of boys, compare that with the 115 deaths of boy AND girls due to SIDS, and those 117 deaths were completely avoidable, none of those parents would have had empty arms if their child was left intact. Consider that drop side cribs were banned after 30 deaths over 10 years. In that time, at least 1,170 boys died from unnecessary cosmetic surgery, do they not matter?What about HIV and STDs? First of all, telling your son that cutting off up to half of his penile tissue protects him from HIV is a sure fire way to talk him out of condom use. Hello unplanned pregnancy and STDs including HIV! You can take all these risks and still need a condom while offering a false sense of security, reduced sensation and control making condoms even more unappealing, or you can protect your son from injury and still need to teach him to use a condom. The original idea behind the foreskin-HIV scare was Langerhan cells, first thought to be magnets for HIV and now scientifically proven to be an immunological defense against HIV, they were not attracting HIV but rather were trapping and destroying it, so now the Langerhan cell, abundant in the male foreskin and the genitals of intact women, are being studied in an effort to utilize their defense mechanism to prevent and treat HIV infection early after exposure.Penile caner? Your son has a far greater chance of testicular cancer, removing one testicle would cut that risk in half, he has even more risk of male breast cancer. If he is circumcised and develops penile cancer, what tissue is left to be sacraficed to remove the malignancy and save his life? How much health benefit would we need to see to make female circumcision of children defensible? Because in circumcising cultures there is so-called "scientific" evidence of a great reduction in STDs, cancer, and infections by circumcising female children. There are only 4 true medical indications for circumcision; malignancy, gangrene, frostbite, and irreparable damage to the foreskin like from a car or serious sporting accident. Any of those things can happen to a circumcised man, but if it does, what tissue do you think is left to be sacrificed?But the AAP recommends it. Do they? They contradict themselves repeatedly in their latest report on circumcision, they made every reference to the justification of 3rd party reimbursement i.e. insurance payment, they never mentioned the function or proper care of the foreskin and even promote injuring the foreskin through premature forced retraction, and immediately released a second report admitting their cultural bias toward circumcision surgery and the financial gains an increase in childhood circumcision rates would bring their members. It was also headed by a doctor who has twice proposed a change in law to permit for a lucrative "minor" female circumcision, a Jewish doctor who circumcised his own son on his kitchen table despite it being illegal to practice surgery or medicine on your own child, and a doctor-lawyer who serves on the AAP committee for healthcare financing. I can included a copy of this report. Without diving deep into everyone's holy book, no religion consistently requires circumcision. Christianity forbids it as it blasphemous, as it displays a denial of Christ's sacrifice. Jewish law forbids altering the body, many Jews do not practice circumcision, many are now electing to have a Bris Shalom, a covenant without cutting. Muslim circumcision is not religiously required but rather is a cultural custom. Some other religious customs around the world include throwing a baby or toddler 50ft over a tall building to be caught by loved ones below in an effort to ensure a long life. In a part of India, a baby must be dunked in boiling water by his parent to thank the priest and God for the child they were blessed with and to ensure he never dies by drowning. Another involves carving designs into the face of a child after he weans from the breast and then carving designs into his abdomen when he reaches puberty. At what point does the child have a right to freedom of religion, or even freedom from religion? In every case other than circumcision, in the US it is clearly decided that one person's freedom of religion ends where another person's body begins. Let your son choose. He can choose to pursue circumcision as an adult but if he resents it, if it is botched, if it kills him, there is no going back. http://www.sexasnatureintendedit.comWhat the Bible really says about Circumcision -http://www.stopcirc.com/christian.ht...olenetwork.org -Have free diaper stickers ect.http://www.savingsons.orghttp://www....ons.comhttp://www.kidshealth.org.nz/foreskin-care http://www.moralogous.com/?s=im+fine "I'm circumcised and I'm fine"Cultural Bias in the AAP Technical Report-http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...brisshalom.htm
Petroleum Jelly for Prevention of Post-Circumcision Meatal Stenosis
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Finally, my bullet points.
If there is no stopping it….Cord clamping should not be done immediately, or even delayed, but it is vital that physiologic cord clamping be performed so the child has his full biologically normal blood volume and iron stores. There is no need to keep the baby lower than the placenta or milk the cord, it pumps, like the heart. I can provide more research for this, but the bottom line is that when the cord meets the air, the Wharton's Jelly of the umbilical cord begins to liquify, clamping down on the vessels sufficiently to divert blood flow from the placental unit and into the lungs while still allowing the flow of oxygenation blood to reach the newborn to protect the vital organs in case of prolonged transition, therefore it is not only safe to leave the cord intact, it is the only safety net we have. To be done at the physiologically timed moment, the cord must be totally white, thin, and limp and the placenta delivered. The vitamin K shot must not be refused, it is not the same as a vaccine, and the oral alternative is not effective enough to be relied on in the case of an infant who will most certainly be facing a traumatic bleeding episode. http://evidencebasedbirth.com/eviden...ewborns/Breast feeding should be firmly established or the mother must be prepared to loose the nursing relationshipPreparation should be made to deal with breast feeding difficulties such as poor latch and reduced supply as well as "colic" symptomsIf not waiting for 6 months to use general anesthesia at least chose some pain relief method and ensure it is administered as effectively as possible, for example the one hour wait for EMLA cream. Be with the child to comfort him, ensure the surgery is done as you've instructed and by who you have chosen, and so in the case that something goes wrong you cannot be lied to as so many parents are. Ask what style is performed, at least if it tight or loose, even if you don't have a preference. If it is tight you must watch for splitting tissue on the glans or shiny spots from over stretching during erections caused by insufficient tissue to accommodate the expansion, especially as the child grows. If it is loose you must be careful to pull the scar line down to prevent reattachment, skin bridges, and painful adhesions and after healing you will need to clean under it because it is no longer fused to keep contaminates out. Monitor frequently for hemorrhage, both day and night, no bleeding in the diaper is normal or safe, be aware that the absorbency of disposable diapers will mask blood loss, do not be dismissed if there is bleeding, get to a hospital and demand treatment. Use lubricant on the wound at every single diaper change for at least 6 months as this reduces infection, bleeding, recovery time, and almost eliminates one of the most common complications, metal stenosis which requires additional surgery. Petroleum jelly is common but for those wishing to avoid that, do NOT use coconut oil, like tea tree oil it is a drying oil and quickly absorbs so it will not provide the barrier needed to protect the urethral opening when the foreskin is removed. I have been recommended almond oil but need to look further into it's properties.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...C3830142/After healing coconut oil is excellent for softening tender, immobile tissue at the scar line as we see in episiotomy scars.
Evidence for the Vitamin K Shot in Newborns - Evidence Based Birth
evidencebasedbirth.com
#37 of 40 Old 08-14-2014, 07:07 AM

I don't come to the site often anymore, but this is a thread I am permanently subscribed to. Always love Franks posts.

That being said, he is absolutely right. The separation is a hormone/chemical based reaction and has nothing to do with age and everything to do with body chemistry. There is no need to retract, some men, in rare cases, never retract due to phimosis. this is easily 'cured' through creams and stretching excersizes, or if the person decides they can have a circumcision to remove the foreskin. But phimosis isn't the same as the process the body goes through when the hormone changes happen. Until the body has the right hormones, testosterone, in it? The foreskin is actually NATURALLY adhered to the head of the penis like your fingernail is to its bed. Retracting it before the hormones have released it can cause damage. However young boys will pull on their foreksin regularly and this does not have the same effect as an adult forcibly retracting it because as the owner of the foreskin? They figure out PRETTY quick what hurts and what doesnt, and they stop on their own when it hurts and usually don't do it again

The hormone change, on average, happens around 10 years old. This means that the extremes are males can naturally retract in toddler hood or into young adulthood.

What this means is, there is time. The choice for any permanent decisions can be made by the person who owns the foreskin, and in america elective surgery isn't 'legal' until adulthood or with parental consent. Either way you are typically looking at the teen years before any 'decisions' need to be made. And those decisions should be made by the owner.

So far as I can tell there is no such thing as an 'emergency circumcision'. There are always ointments, antibiotics, and therapies for any issuees revolving around the penis, just the same as the vagina.

I still come back time to time when I see posts in important threads, and am happy to see that the people here are still an extreme treasure trove of information that helped guide my parenting decisions when I came into fatherhood.

Partner to :Jessica(??) papa to Jake(7) and : Kaiya (2)
#38 of 40 Old 08-17-2014, 11:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Observe other boys that age. Most of them grab or rub their penises a lot. Why would a kid not, unless he had fully ingrained the societal taboo? I don't think many of them do by 5-1/2.
#39 of 40 Old 08-17-2014, 11:59 PM

Our middle guy is six and still has a really tight foreskin. Our family doc seemed really concerned when we went for a five year check up and wanted us to really encourage him to retract his skin more and more everyday (even if it would bleed) so she wouldn't have to operate. Love the dramatic scare tactics the docs use sometimes...hah.
Anyway, we have been 'encouraging'...fine...making him retract his foreskin as far as he can everyday. We let him do it, so it wouldn't be painful or bleed or anything like that. It's only been a few months and the change is pretty substantial, he has gone from that small pinhole someone mentioned earlier to having the tip of his penis show.
#40 of 40 Old 08-18-2014, 08:44 AM

I don't think you need to even do that. In countries that have an intact culture that do not mess with children's foreskins, the AVERAGE age of retraction is around 10 1/2. Foreskins are self cleaning just like girls are. The big danger of premature retraction is that often little slits occur in the tight tip of the foreskin resulting in scar tissue which is non elastic and then results in phimosis. This is the cause of so many of the anecdotal stories one hears of boys who "have to get circumcised". It is very sad because if the doctors were truly informed and up to date on how to look after intact male genitalia - just leave it alone - none of that would occur. The bottom line is that nature does not make mistakes!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page