My two boys uncirc. But have questions, help please - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-31-2011, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all!

I have a 5.5yo boy who since birth we were told to pull down his foreskin to help retract it. So we did. We moved when he was 6 mths n his 2nd ped. even told us to force it gently in tub w a wet rag. So we did. Now that hes 5.5 yo he has only a little foreskin stuck to the head of the penis n ive always worried that its not going to get "unstuck" like my husbands. He doesnt remember when his ever did. So now we have another son who is 5.5 mths old n his penis w foreskin are completely diff. from our 1st sons. We cannot see the head of the penis at all. He has a lot of foreskin compared to 1st son. All I do to clean it is in tub I gently pull foreskin down til it stops n rinse it w water, but I did force it once n he bled a little n I never did that again. So now that im researching this im freaking out that im possibly doing something wrong n that I potentially hurt my 1st sons penis cus of stupid drs telling us to little by lil help it retract. Now I just want to know what am I supposed to do to clean n take care of a boys uncurc. Penis? My 1st son has been taught to clean it w water n pull it himself since 4yo but we taught him what drs told us to do to it. What advice can you guys give me on my older boys uncirc. Penis n my baby 5.5mth uncirc. Penis. Sooo worried now at how we were wrong to "help" our 1st son get the foreskin unstuck n now not knowing how or what to do w baby boy. Should head of penis be hidden completely even w pulling foreskin down? Help!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-31-2011, 10:48 PM

I am sorry that Dr's gave you such horrid advice greensad.gif

Now that you know different you must stop all retraction of either boy and dont allow the Dr. to retract either of them ever again either and let him know that the advice he gave you is outdated and potentially very harmful to intact boys.

It dosnt sound like your first ds has any issues from the forced retractions thankfully. Since the foreskin separates gradually it is perfectly normal to have one or more area's that are still attached while others are completely loose. That is normal and not a cause for concern unless when he reaches adulthood those spots have not released.

It is fine for your ds to retract and clean like you taught him but no one other than him should do it. Your younger ds's penis should be washed like a finger from base to tip only without retracting.

Most boys you cannot see the glans of the penis at all because the foreskin is to long. Some have longer foreskins some have shorter. Both are 100% normal. I didnt see my ds's glans until he was around 4 when he figured out on his own that he could push the skin back and make it appear. He couldnt wait to show me that one lol.gif

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 3 Old 06-15-2011, 02:34 PM

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page