Foreskin retraction, now what? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-12-2011, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 4 year old twin boys are intact. They started to retract their foreskins. Do they need to start pulling it back and cleaning it? Is it ok that they are constantly pulling it back?

#2 of 4 Old 07-12-2011, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

i think as long as they don't have dirty (and by dirty i mean visibly messy) hands, you don't need to do anything.  ds2 just turned 2 & has recently been playing a lot w/ his while sitting on the toilet to go poops.  he seems to know to put his foreskin back when he's done.  if you find they are getting red and/or begin to have pain, then they may need cleaner hands.

i think the retract/rinse/replace is meant for older boys who are producing more hormones & therefore more smegma.

others will likely chime in too. 

hth,

sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
#3 of 4 Old 07-12-2011, 01:22 PM

If they is capable of understanding simple instruction then you can start telling them to retract and swish in the water while in the bath but if they dont want to then they dont need to it is just part of getting the habit going for when they are older. My ds who is 6 plays with his in the bath any way so I have never talked to him about retract, rinse, replace yet cause he does it on his own. Honestly I think his penis is the part that gets the cleanest in the bath cause he cant seem to leave it alone lol.gif

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#4 of 4 Old 07-12-2011, 04:30 PM

Yes, its time for them to learn how to clean it, too. Go to this page for great washing instructions.  

Dan

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page