Reassurance please?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-05-2011, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My DS is 2.5yo, and intact.  Today we went to the park before coming home, and he pooped.  I didn't realize it until we got home (it had probably been 20min since he pooped).  It was super loose, although not quite diarrhea.  It was ALL over his penis.  ALL over it.  Super gross I know. 

Do I need to worry about infection?  I cleaned it off as best I could (without pulling back on his foreskin at all), and then he peed in his potty.  Would that have cleared out the rest of the poo?  After he peed I stuck him in the tub, and he played with it a little, but doesn't pull back his foreskin yet (I don't think he knows how yet), so I couldn't get a good look to make sure it all was cleaned out.

Reassurance please??  I know I need to just leave it alone, but there hasn't ever been that much poop on his penis EVER before!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 08-05-2011, 05:15 PM
A&A

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

The foreskin does a really good job of keeping poop out.  No worries! 

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#3 of 7 Old 08-05-2011, 05:43 PM

Urine is sterile, so peeing is a good internal cleanser. I think he'll be OK, too. 

#4 of 7 Old 08-05-2011, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!  I just saw some in the folds of his foreskin (mostly on the outside, but he has a baggy foreskin if that makes sense - there's lots of skin there), and I was afraid it might cause an infection.  I'll definitely be watching closely for the next few days!

#5 of 7 Old 08-05-2011, 11:13 PM

is that the first time he's had poop on it? in 2.5 years?? wow!

it'll be fine. relax.

#6 of 7 Old 08-05-2011, 11:16 PM

Ds has more of those than I can count and not once did it cause more than diaper rash between his penis and scrotum. I wouldnt think any more of it than a girl getting poo in her folds. Just wipe it off the best you can and when you bath him next swish his penis really well in the bath and between that and him urinating it will be washed away.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#7 of 7 Old 08-06-2011, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliesMomma View Post

is that the first time he's had poop on it? in 2.5 years?? wow!

it'll be fine. relax.

Well....its the first time its gotten that MUCH poo on his penis.  He's gotten it on there before, but I changed him faster, so it wasn't as bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X View Post

Ds has more of those than I can count and not once did it cause more than diaper rash between his penis and scrotum. I wouldnt think any more of it than a girl getting poo in her folds. Just wipe it off the best you can and when you bath him next swish his penis really well in the bath and between that and him urinating it will be washed away.

Good point about the girls.  I can't tell you how long its been since I changed a girls diaper though, so I didn't even think of that!

Thanks all, its fine today, so I'm sure it was nothing to worry about.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page