advice for not circumcising - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-23-2011, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My first child was a girl and I did not have to think about whether to circ or not.  Now I am having a boy due Oct 25th.  I am pretty positive we are not circ, but want to know if there is are any special instructions for keeping his penis clean or anything else.  Do I need to be sure to clean it really well every day?  If so..how?  I had four sisters.  My husband is circ.  So this is foreign territory.  Any advice or info would be helpful.  :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 08-23-2011, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

I guess as I read through the threads on this forum people are talking about yeast infections, UTI's, discharge, etc....are these all things that I need to be aware of if not circ?  So confused....

#3 of 10 Old 08-23-2011, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Just wash like a finger or toe. Never, ever retract it.

Eventually, the foreskin loosens on its own and you give your little guy the "retract, rinse replace" talk and it takes the three seconds in the shower and has the same motion as masturbation ... so all men can handle that, right?

My son was retractable at age 6 or so. I haven't seen the penis in years... he's 15 now. I assume its still in good shape.
#4 of 10 Old 08-23-2011, 03:34 PM

Like pp said wash like a finger and dont retract and dont allow any one else to do so. There is a thread in the forum somewhere that has several hundred posts that has the title of "Intact and no problems" or something like that.

The reason you are seeing things in this forum about yeast etc is because this forum is one of the best on the internet to find out about the intact penis. As you can imagine not many are going to post a thread just to say "Hey my ds is intact and he dosnt have a problem" lol.gif

If you visit more mainstream sites you will see many posts talking about things wrong with their ds's who have been circed. Many "problems" are not true problems but normal in the development of the intact penis most are caused by Dr's not actually having proper knowledge of the intact penis ie telling you there is a problem when there most certainly is not.

The odds that your ds will have any issues at all are very slight but like with any part of the body male or female the possibility is there for issues.

Your ds would be more likely to have issues with a circ than being intact.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#5 of 10 Old 08-23-2011, 08:17 PM

No, there really are not any special instructions.  All you need to do is gently wipe with a baby wipe during diaper changes and gently rinse the area during bath time (usually just soaking in water is fine).  Do not EVER try to pull back the foreskin or "get inside" the opening, even if a doctor or nurse tells you to do this (some doctors are not aware that the best way to take care of the foreskin is to leave it alone). Manipulating the foreskin is what usually causes short or long-term damage and infections.  When your son is older, he will discover all on his own that the foreskin can be retracted, and as he enters adolescence he should be taught to retract the foreskin and rinse underneath.  Congrats on the new son, they are great!

#6 of 10 Old 08-23-2011, 09:02 PM

MOST intact (uncircumcised) boys have absolutely NO problems. my son sure hasn't. the only special instructions are to make sure that nobody ever retracts him. this especially includes doctors. the only person who should be allowed to handle your son's penis is your son himself. and if he's like most boys, handle it he will. and it will be obvious that the foreskin is his favorite part.

#7 of 10 Old 08-24-2011, 07:56 AM

I've bumped up the "Post here if you've NEVER had a problem..." thread.

Wife to DH, Mom to my Intact Boys DS1: Born 02 Pain Med Free Hospital Birth, BF'ed for 9 Months, Partially Vax'd DS2: Born 06 via UC, BF'ed 3 years 10 months, and UnVax'd
#8 of 10 Old 08-24-2011, 11:23 AM

Thank you MyBoysBlue

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#9 of 10 Old 08-24-2011, 04:30 PM

#10 of 10 Old 08-24-2011, 07:45 PM

You've gotten some great advice. As the pps have said, never retract or let anyone else retract, wipe from base to tip during changes, rinse during baths. Easy.

I've had a few people tell me that circumcised penises are easier to keep clean, but after changing more than a few diapers on a circumcised boy, I'm thinking that's bull. That thing goes and hides inside itself like a turtle during diaper changes. Getting all the poop off it is a nightmare. Also, he's prone to diaper rashes, which spread to his unprotected glans, and that seems so uncomfortable for the poor little guy. DS rarely has diaper rashes, but on the occasions we have had to deal with that, his foreskin got a little red and that was that. No rash on his glans, no screaming when he urinated. He had his foreskin to protect him. And then of course when the circumcision is first done, there's the whole open wound in the diaper thing. As far as I've experienced, intact penises are way easier to care for.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page