I need advice! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-27-2011, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I took my 4y.o. DS to urgent care today because he was having pain when he urinated. The urgent care Dr told me that the opening of  his foreskin is constricted and he will probably need to be circumcised (He was saying this like it was no big deal af.gif). I am freaking out. This is the first time he has ever had any problems with it and the pain has since gone away. I have been a little concerned about how tight the opening of his foreskin seemed, but he has never been retracted and I figured it would eventually loosen when it is ready (but it does seem to have gotten tighter over time). He does not normally have problems urinating, like I said this is the first time he has ever had pain or any problems with it, but I have noticed that the foreskin will balloon when he pees. I have an appointment with his regular doc for thursday and I am hoping they will tell me that this is just a normal variation, but in case they tell me the same thing can anyone give me any advice or opinions or if there is any thing I need to do to help to loosen it if needed.

~Mariah
Mommy to DS (8/07), DD ( 8/09) and one (5/01) Frontier Midwifery student
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2011, 06:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If he is ballooning the separation process is underway. He can experiance burning when he urinates if the is the case since it leaves behind raw spots on occasion and urine burns like crazy on raw spots.

The opening will still be small until his body is ready for him to retract. which usually is the last thing that happens (the sphincter at the tip starts to become more elastic).

Hopefully his regular Dr. will know what he is talking about when it comes to the intact penis. I know 1 thing for sure though he will not need to be circed for this.

Here is a thread that talks about separation issues and what you may see during them http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=764732

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

User Tag List