Single mom & intact son - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-21-2011, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son is 4.5.  I'm a single mom, though it may not be hugely relevant here.  Dad is circumcised (but was happy to keep DS intact), as are my brother & father, with whom we are very close.

I've pretty left well enough alone, and other than a UTI when he was 5 1/2 weeks old  (group strep B courtesy of me), he's had no issues with his penis. 

I'm pretty much on my own here, considering all the men in his life are circ'd.  So...do I need to do anything in regards to hygiene, etc.? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2011, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The only thing you need to do is wash what you can see dont try to push the skin back it isnt needed and can cause issues and when he is ready you can have him wash by telling him to pull the skin back and rinse with water then put the skin back. He will figure out, if he hasnt already that the skin will move around and most likely in the bath he will play with it quiet a bit that will get things as clean as they need to be.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

User Tag List