almost 3 year old red swollen wee wee and hasn't peed all day, possible retraction when getting changed at preschool? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-01-2011, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi

my ds has had dry diapers all day, poop is normal. He was whimpering and the end of his penis was red and swollen when i changed him into a night time diaper (he was also either erect or really needs to pee). I know he peed through his diaper and clothes at preschool yesterday and they changed him. -- this boy does not like the potty, working on that! I have it written down on his wipes/diaper not to retract and only wipe what is seen, like a finger but maybe they didn't listen?  I feel horrible right now and really hope he's better tomorrow. Any suggestions? How long is too long not to pee? His doctor is nice and all but really does not know about intact boys... so I'm nervous if I take him to the doctor/urgent  care/er whatever that they will make it worse... Help? 

familybed2.gifSAHM, military wife, momma to DSD 2004lady.gif, 2007angel1.gif, DS 2008jog.gif,  DD 2011 jog.gif

lactivist.gifintactivist.gifh20homebirth.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing2.gifphotosmile2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 09:36 PM

It sounds like he may be holding urine because it hurts to do so. It could be that he just has a bit of diaper rash on the tip so you can try putting barrier cream on there as well as letting him take a bath and explain while he is in there that if he goes pee it probably wont hurt as bad.

If he is still dry in the morning and things look the same/worse I would make an appt. with his ped. At that appt. I would have them swab the very tip of his penis and see if there is any bacteria or yeast present then treat accordingly. Make sure though that no one tries to retract him at all since there is something going on there it could cause it to spread.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 10-02-2011, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter

thank you

familybed2.gifSAHM, military wife, momma to DSD 2004lady.gif, 2007angel1.gif, DS 2008jog.gif,  DD 2011 jog.gif

lactivist.gifintactivist.gifh20homebirth.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing2.gifphotosmile2.gif

User Tag List