unusual for 2 yo to self-retract? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-01-2011, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

is it unusual for a just-turned 2 year old to be able to pull his own foreskin all the way back? we've never touched it, but he sure has! i've been keeping an eye on how far back he can pull it and today he revealed the entire head of his penis. i guess this means he should never have problems with a tight foreskin or ballooning as the foreskin prepares to retract later on ??? please enlighten me. i keep reading here on this forum about boys who are 8, 9 or older and still with pinhole size openings, and the parents worried about whether it will ever retract. and i do recall reading here something about the hormones of adolescence loosening things up for all boys to be able to retract by the teenage years ??? 

so i'm just curious know if this is a blessing that he's got it retracting already now, at age 2. 

ps: i'm soooo so glad that i held my ground with my husband and kept that foreskin for him. he sure does enjoy having it, let me tell you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2011, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

my 2 y.o. can also retract & has been able to for a few months, at least.  the only caution i take is to be sure his hands/fingernails are clean when he does so that he doesn't introduce something to the area that doesn't belong there.  and, the average age of retraction is 10, which mean that there is a huge variation of normal.  it would also be considered normal for our sons to not retract by age 13, 15 or higher.

luck boy, you have there.  if you ever want to know why your dh was for it, you can read this (it's not for him, just for you): http://www.udonet.com/circumcision/vincent/vulnerability_of_men.html

hth,

sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wouldnt say unusual since it can happen at any age as the boy is growing. At his age the only thing I would be really careful of is making sure that if he does retract it that it is put back down after. I wouldnt go out of my way following him around checking just during regular diaper changes or potty time.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 10-06-2011, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I don't think it's that unusual. My son was about 2 1/2 - 3 yrs when he was fully retractable and nobody ever messed w/ him.

Mom &  RN   intactivist.gif
Pardon the typos - CWOK (cat walking on keyboard)   signcirc1.gif

User Tag List