Need some advice! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-13-2011, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey!   I know you lovely ladies have probably answered this question 4390342330 times but the tip of my little guy's (23 months old) foreskin is reddened and irritated looking.  My MIL put some diaper rash cream on the tip (not in it) and it looks a little better.   He was pulling and playing with it last night but not for a very long time, he was only naked for a minute or so before I wrangled him into the tub.   What things can I do to help him?   Isn't there something I can put in the bath with him that will help soothe it?   Also, what could it be?   Retraction?   UTI?    Just need lots of opinions and advice and (mostly) assurance that it's okay and I won't have to deal with a foreskin-ignorant, circ-happy doctor!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 10-13-2011, 06:50 PM

Odds are that it is just a simple diaper rash. Keep putting barrier cream on it and watching it. Also this thread http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=764732 talks about stuff you can put in the bath to help sooth irritation. It could also be a bit of yeast so you might consider stripping your diapers if you use cloth.

UTI does not present with the foreskin being red or irritated. Forced retraction will usually cause more than just a bit of redness but if anyone other than you is changing him regularly be sure you speak to them about proper intact care ie. wiping like a finger only and never trying to move the skin back.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 3 Old 10-14-2011, 05:59 AM

Hi there!  Both of my guys had this from time to time.  In our experience, it was just the foreskin doing its job, protecting the sensitive glans from irritation.  What helped for us was some naked time, baking soda baths and occasionally a dab of zinc diaper cream.  We liked the Li'l Goats Milk kind: http://www.caprina.com/canada/en/products/lilGoat/lilGoat_zinc.html

Good Luck!

Tara

Tara Momma to Callum and Gavin

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page