Irritation on forskin - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-20-2011, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, our 3 year old son has irritation on the backside of his penis. He told my husband last night that it hurt when he peed in the potty & there is irritation & some blood when he wiped it. Today, there isn't any blood, but it does appear irritated, similar to diaper rash. He again said it hurt when he went to the bathroom & actually cried:(. I do not see any irritation anywhere else other than the backside of the penis. What could this be & what should we do to clear it up & stop the pain? Any advice appreciated! 

#2 of 7 Old 12-20-2011, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

I also wanted to report that he only urinates a tiny amount & then hops off the toilet saying "it hurts, it hurts!". He has said a few times this morning that he "doesn't want to pee pee". He even had a big accident just a bit ago from holding it back. I have read that sometimes it's painful when the glans separate from the forskin. He doesn't have any other symptoms of a UTI (no fever, doesn't feel sick at all & is playing normally). I really don't want to take him to the doctor just yet & wanted to get others input. Thanks!

#3 of 7 Old 12-20-2011, 12:23 PM

Location: Northern New Jersey office/telephone wellness sessions

Because there is blood present I would recommend taking him to a qualified healthcare practitioner.  There could be a number of reasons why this is happening.  Best to look into it immediately, get to the root cause, and address appropriately.

Take care,

Nicole

#4 of 7 Old 12-20-2011, 08:32 PM

It could be yeast and it could also be separation either one you could see some bleeding. I would have him pee in the bath or in a cup and see it that helps with the pain. Also here is a thread that you might find helpful http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=764732

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#5 of 7 Old 12-20-2011, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your replies! I spoke with our ped this afternoon & he said it sounded like a forskin infection & recommended we put Neosporin on the infected area & to come in tomorrow if he is still experiencing pain. Yeast was mentioned by him as well.

Thank you again for the advice & the thread & I will update again in a day or two!

#6 of 7 Old 12-20-2011, 09:22 PM

Instead of using neo I would recommend using bacatracin since neo can be irritating to some when used on the genitals.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#7 of 7 Old 12-22-2011, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Just wanted to post an update. Our son went to the ped yesterday afternoon & was diagnosed with a bacterial infection on his foreskin. He prescribed an oral antibiotic which we started last night. Our son is already feeling a little better & says it only hurts a little bit when he urinates.

Thank y'all for the advice!

Tags
Circumcision

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page