my son was circumsized without my permission :( - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: What should I do?
leave it alone? 5 100.00%
try to help him grow it back? (after it heals of course...) 2 66.67%
explain to him that i did everything in my power to stop it but leave it at that? 1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-04-2012, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my son is under gaurdianship of his paternal grandparents and they went behind my back and circumsized him. are there any massages or techniques i can use to get him even partial foreskin? i know there are more options when he is older but is there anything i can do once its healed to stretch the skin back to create a "foe" foreskin? please help im in terrible distress. ive followed all legal paths but they got a court order approving the surgery so i am out of luck until he is 18 and can sue them and the doctor involved with the surgery.

you can also email me at [email protected] with any suggestions or if you have succeeded to partially grow back a childs foreskin and have extensive advice please email me your number and i will call you and take on all long distance phone costs. thank you. im dying over here.

brokenhearted mother

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 02-04-2012, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
No, it'd be inappropriate of you as his mother to handle his parts in the extensive way needed to restore him. When he's nearly grown...explain what happened and point him to the great restoring sites like Restoring Tally has.

#3 of 6 Old 02-04-2012, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

i guess i am asking what my other options are i know that an option is to wait until he is older but asking if there are other options now so that i can personally weigh the pros and cons of each.

#4 of 6 Old 02-04-2012, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Restoration takes along time and dedication.  In your case, I don't think it is feasible or reasonable.  It will have to be something he chooses to do, when he is ready to make that commitment.  Something that requires daily handling of his penis.

Sorry, it sounds like a terribly frustrating situation to be in.  But you still do not know what he would prefer.  Wait until he is on his own and explain the situation to him and point him to resources that will help him make his own decision.  By then, restoring could be much easier and quicker if the regeneration techniques become available.

Regards

#5 of 6 Old 02-04-2012, 10:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I really feel for you.  Sadly, even though the court acted unethicaly (in my opinion) I do not think that there is much you can do for now. As others have pointed out, foreskin restoration is a long and tedious process which cannot bring back all the nerves that have been lost, even though the end result is a big improvement over a circumcised penis.  When your son old enough to take it in and understand, then you could explain what happened and suggest that if he is interested, then restoration would be an option for him to pursue.  Also as a pp mentioned, as time goes by more techniques may be developed. There is much hope that Foregen will have success in developing a tissue regeneration technique.

#6 of 6 Old 02-05-2012, 11:32 PM

I am sorry this happened to your ds. Unfortunatly until he is at least in puberty nothing can be done to restore his foreskin. If you choose to talk to him about it then you can give him resources on restoration.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Tags
Circumcision

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page