Need links about care of foresin / intact penis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-25-2012, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

that are not pro-circ or anti-circ, if pssible.  Any suggestions?

(Asking because I'm in the process of adopting a boy from Eastern Europe.  There's a FB group for those of us adopting from this specific country, and a discussion going on there that it is best to circ as soon as the boys come home to avoid future problems. Started by a mom who adopted a 2 yr old who is now 8, from China, and says he's "always" had problems w/ it, but the problems are caused because "he was always difficult to "pull back", and (the parents) did it when he was little, and now that he takes care of cleaning himself he doesn't always do it" so now has issues w/ the foreskin becoming attached again.  

[My bio son is 5, not circed and no issues; never retracted except when he does it himself playing starting in toddlerhood...so I understand the care. But want to share links that don't seem biased for anyone who hasn't researched yet.....since anyone adopting a boy over there, is almost certainly going to have an intact boy, and hopefully we can keep a few more of them that way by countering misinformation.]

TIA~

Mom to A 11/06: Researching : to grow our family
#2 of 2 Old 03-25-2012, 09:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I cannot imagine anything more disgusting then adapting a child and circumcising him the next day.  Why anyone thinks that taking a child into your new home and before he speaks a word of English, cutting a piece of his penis of is moral in anyway is beyond me.  How these boys get past it is a mystery for sure.  

Anyway, here a decent link I found on a simple google search from a health website

http://www.kidshealth.org.nz/index.php/ps_pagename/contentpage/pi_id/266

It seems to cover all the basic points and since it comes from a regular health website, it should be taken more seriously.  

Here is an AAP statement which should sound credible to the women you are posting these resources to.  

http://www.nocirc.org/articles/aap.php

I hope these links help.

Tags
Circumcision

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page