Question What could this be - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-08-2012, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My boy age 7 1/2 told me yesterday his penis was hurting so I asked when it started he said a couple days ago. I ask where he goes at this lump so I ask him to go into the restroom to pull back his foreskin so I could get a look at that lump. It was a thumbtack size of a lump on the side of his glans on the side of it looked like it was slightly split apart. The bump looked like it was chock full of white stuff. Now his lump has disappeared and he has no more pain. On the side of his glans where the lump was it looks like there is a bluish bruise.

#2 of 6 Old 04-21-2012, 05:58 AM

That sounds like a smegma pearl.  Completely normal.

Janel ~ wife and mother of 4, L&D RN, midwifery student
#3 of 6 Old 04-21-2012, 12:02 PM

To me it sounds like a Preputial Cyst
Quote:
There is also something called a Preputial Cyst that occurs on occasion. Sometimes known as a Keratin Pearl caused by dead skin cells accumulating under the top layer of skin on the glans. The appearance of swelling may occur sporadically as preputial cysts break through adhesions (push up against them) to allow separation of the prepuce, foreskin, from the glans. These whitish cysts are sometimes mistaken for pus due to infection, but they merely represent sterile collections of dead skin. It is a lot like a Smegma pearl but is not between the glans and foreskin but under the skin of the glans. In either case nothing special needs to be done.

Here is a picture of what it looks like http://www.cirp.org/library/hygiene/camille1/figure2.jpg This is a picture of a young boys penis fully retracted which shouldnt be done.

Here is a link that you might find helpful as well it talks about many different issues that might come up with the intact penis and how or if to deal with them http://www.mothering.com/community/t/764732/possible-seperation-issues-sore-red-irritated-ballooning-normal-development-etc/0_100

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#4 of 6 Old 06-02-2012, 06:16 PM

I suspect it is something called a "pearly penile papule."  They are totally harmless.  No treatment is needed.  They may exist for years or may disappear all on their own.

Go to www.cirp.org and search for "pearly penile papules."   You should find pictures there you can compare to.

Frank

#5 of 6 Old 08-04-2012, 02:06 AM

Quote:

...a young boys penis fully retracted which shouldnt be done. ...

This isn't entirely correct.  When you easily can retract the foreskin there are no worries doing it.  In fact, when little boys are sitting in the bath tub they shuld be encouraged to do it as far back as they can and "wiggle" their penis in the water to wash off urine residues and other "grit". No soap in this age!  So the correct term should be ...a young boys penis fully retracted which shouldnt be done FORCEFULLY. ... 

Peace and all the best from Norway! :-)

#6 of 6 Old 08-04-2012, 07:50 PM

Thank you for chiming in Steinn and welcome to MDC.

I think what pp meant is that no one but the boy should be pushing the foreskin back since they cannot tell how much is to much and might cause harm without meaning to.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Tags
Circumcision

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page