Should I be encouraging 5yo to gentle start pulling back, or just let it be? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-10-2012, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DS just turned 5yo.  We've never had any issues at all with his intact penis.  I feel like I've read lots about intact care, and everything seems to say that you don't need to do anything, eventually it'll retract on it's own (maybe as late as early teens), and that only the boy should be trying to retract himself.  So that's fine, and for the most part I pay no attention at all to his penis.  But I'm pretty sure that he doesn't ever try to retract it on his own (based on watching him in the bath and just seeing that he doesn't really play with himself at other times, other than to adjust), and I'm wondering if I should be encouraging him to gentle start pulling the foreskin back.  Not a lot, not retracting it completely, but just to make sure he's doing it occasionally himself to facilitate the process.

So, should I worry about it at all, or just trust things will happen as they should and I don't need to get involved?  TIA!

Loving mommy to DS, born April 2007.  Trying for baby #2 since December 2008. 
#2 of 4 Old 05-12-2012, 09:29 PM

I'm not an expert, but I think you can just let him do it himself.  Don't worry about encouraging it--- I'm sure he'll get there on his own, lol. 

#3 of 4 Old 05-13-2012, 01:28 PM

He should figure it out on his own. It wouldnt hurt to ask him to do it but odds are he wont keep it up. He will eventually figure things out on his own and if for some reason he dosnt you can deal with it then.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#4 of 4 Old 05-20-2012, 10:53 AM

Being a male, I can assure you that when puberty approaches/arrives, he will begin to experiment and will find for himself if and when it is retractile.  No need to worry.

Frank

Tags
Circumcision

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page