the plasti bell - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 08-30-2012, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son had the plasti bell done 5 days ago and the cap has fallen off.  I have come to the conclusion that it depends on the doctor and their skill. My sons doc was very confident in her ability and it came out excellent. All I have to do is put vaseline on the head. He hasnt experienced any pain. If he has cried it has been hunger. The doc told me that the tie around it ir something assists with pain. Basically just get a good understanding from the doctor and asks all your questions if the doctor cant or wont ease your mind about it then dont do it. Such horrible stories.....God Bless the babies.

#2 of 14 Old 08-30-2012, 02:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have reported this post. We do not promote the cutting of babies here at MDC.
#3 of 14 Old 08-30-2012, 02:35 PM

The thread is temporarily deleted while the moderators review its content. Please hold! smile.gif

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#4 of 14 Old 08-31-2012, 11:35 AM

Hi again!

Just as a reminder to the OP and anyone else reading along:

The Case Against Circumcision is not a place to explain how to get a circ done properly and Mothering is a community that generally does not support circ advocacy.

For more information on why that is, and resources for additional reading, check this out.

mrsh31209, just to clarify--Mothering is a natural family living community and this forum is called The Case AGAINST Circumcision. Some people maybe don't realize where they are, so I figured it was worth a mention. smile.gif

Cheers,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Mod

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#5 of 14 Old 09-01-2012, 05:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsh31209 View Post

My son had the plasti bell done 5 days ago and the cap has fallen off.  I have come to the conclusion that it depends on the doctor and their skill. My sons doc was very confident in her ability and it came out excellent. All I have to do is put vaseline on the head. He hasnt experienced any pain. If he has cried it has been hunger. The doc told me that the tie around it ir something assists with pain. Basically just get a good understanding from the doctor and asks all your questions if the doctor cant or wont ease your mind about it then dont do it. Such horrible stories.....God Bless the babies.

I'm genuinely curious...what is your reason for this post?  Did you end up somewhere you didn't expect to?  Are you saying that a person should only consent to allowing their baby to have a prepuce amputation if the parent "get[s] a good understanding from the doctor and asks all your questions if the doctor cant or wont ease your mind about it then dont do it"?

What evidence have you seen, in long term studies, that a circumcision conclusion depends "on the doctor and their skill"?

I'm genuinely curious to read your answers.

Sus 

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
#6 of 14 Old 09-04-2012, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:

That's terrible! Your son is now missing his foreskin! Why on earth did you decide to cut it off?

#7 of 14 Old 09-07-2012, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Can this thread get deleted?
#8 of 14 Old 09-07-2012, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

We are trying to keep threads up, unless they are spam or personal attack so that members can educate others.  Since To-Fu has already addressed the thread and the OP to clarify the purpose of the forum

#9 of 14 Old 09-11-2012, 05:06 PM

So, the outcome at about a week old is good? What will his outcome be at puberty? Oh, that's right no one can predict what the outcome will be for the man that was circumcised as an infant. There was too much skin taken, but there may have been so much taken that erections cause the scar tissue to tear and bleed. babies DIE from circumcision. Please tell us why you came here and posted this? You will not find anyone like minded on this forum.

intactivist.gifwinner.jpg fambedsingle2.gif  learning.gif homeschool.gif buddamomimg1.png gd.gif delayedvax.gif selectivevax.gif  supermod.gif (Yeah right)

angel3.gif loss 2/28/03           photosmile2.gif  ds 1/5/08             asl.gif dd 2/8/10

When we know better, we do better. ~Maya Angelou 

#10 of 14 Old 09-11-2012, 06:07 PM

your description should come with a warning....YUK!  Poor sweet baby.

selectivevax.gifbfolderchild.gifdelayedvax.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifnocirc.giffamilybed2.gifcd.gifsurf.gif     t.v. free  

Living happily on a little island in the sun
#11 of 14 Old 09-15-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:

my son had no plasti bell done, experienced NO PAIN WHATSOEVER and no problems whatsoever! he came home with his full penis and has been enjoying having a foreskin ever since. he has never had an infection. basically, you should read up on the foreskin and its purpose in protecting the head of the penis and, later, when he's grown up, enhancing sexual enjoyment for both partners. sorry for your son that, thanks to his circumcision, he will now have a higher risk of erectile dysfunction later in life, and sex may be much less pleasurable for him and his partner. 

oh, and my son will be in the majority among his peers, being intact. the tide has tipped in favor of parents NOT circumcising. so, sorry that your son may suffer ridicule over being circumcised, although i definitely hope that doesn't happen. he doesn't deserve to be ridiculed for something that was done to him painfully against his will when he was only a few hours old.  

Storm Bride and Treece like this.
#12 of 14 Old 10-01-2012, 03:27 PM

For those of you who chose to inflict cosmetic surgery on helpless, voiceless people, were you there when it was done? How do you know the baby experienced no pain? Unless you actually saw it happen, keep in mind that you're relying on someone else to provide you with that information.

For example, if I turn on the news, I can see an account of something which happened. If I turn my attention to another outlet, I can experience another account of that same situation. This second account may have a variance of some sort as to what happened. Unless I was there, I do not know for sure what happened.
#13 of 14 Old 10-06-2012, 02:16 PM

No one can tell me , a baby doesn´t feel pain , when a part of his skin is being cut off  .

Maybe he is " lucky " in the respect , that he may not feel a lot when it happens at first , but surely for a while , every time he pees in his diaper , the urine will burn his sore skin . 

Disgusting at best , especially since it serves NO GOOD PURPOSE whatsoever 

vbac.gifafter 3 cs fambedsingle1.gifbfinfant.gifHappily single Momteapot2.GIFknit.gif

#14 of 14 Old 10-08-2012, 12:56 AM

I am thinking this fits the definition of spam. New member joins this forum, posts this pro circ post and disappears? Doesn't come back to participate in the discussion? Doesn't post any other posts anywhere else? This is her single post to the entire website? Maybe the old advise of "Don't feed the trolls" should be applied...

namaste.gif 37 married to the greatest guy in the world tiphat.gif45 w/ azoospermia from low T

IVF #1 angel1.gifangel1.gif

Frozen Transfer neg.gif

IVF #2 Cancled

IVF #3 ???

Tags
Circumcision

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page