It's a Boy! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-09-2012, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is the title of a film first broadcast and made for British television's Channel 4. It has aroused massive interest in Europe and particularly in Germany. I quote below a section from a recent news item:

"Yesterday, in view of fateful decisions under consideration by the Bundestag, a copy of the film was made available to each Member of the German Parliament.

The film centres on an unforgettable step-by-step story of a ritual circumcision that goes seriously wrong, and it includes stunning sequences about the injuries and distress suffered by Jewish, Moslem and African babies plus other unique material
."

Many of us are aware of a German court decision some months ago which stated that the circumcision of a certain Moslem boy was unlawful under human-rights jurisdiction. It was met with outcry from both Moslem and Jewish traditionalists.

Here is a link to the Channel 4 film. It's 41 minutes long, so it may be best to find a time when you can watch without interruption, but that's up to you. Be warned that it contains graphic content which is not for the faint-hearted; nonetheless it's beautifully made and its impact is astounding.

You will have to pay a few dollars to watch it, but it really is a remarkably low-cost opportunity to view this unforgettable film. You can choose to 'stream' for $2.40 or 'download to own' for just $6.19. Public acclaim has soared dramatically since the film was made available across the world. Click on the free trailer first: it's heartrending.

http://www.realeyz.tv/en/its-a-boy.html

Christopher

Education is the discovery of our own ignorance. Will Durant

"You give a little love and it all comes back to you....

You know you gonna be remembered for the things you say and do."

Bugsy Malone

#2 of 4 Old 12-10-2012, 01:58 PM

When was this released and what are the signs that there was massive interest in it? I'd never heard about it. I'm still hoping that something will come of the court decision in Germany, if not there, then maybe in other European countries.

#3 of 4 Old 12-10-2012, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Voicelessone, I don't have the exact date of its Internet release but it was roughly a month ago I think. The news of its distribution to every Member of the German Parliament was the catalyst which spread the word about the film across western Europe. Family orientated websites and forums included a link to the film. It was norm-uk.org, of which I'm a member, where I first found information about the documentary's general availability. The British news media also included mention of the impending German Bundestag's "fateful decisions" and the film's potential influence.

I join you in hoping the German court decision will reap dividends. Only time will tell. As you intimate, there are other European nations whose governments are close to outlawing 'under-age'' circumcision of ALL boys with healthy penises (16 years old in the UK). I wish the British was among them, but our government fears the political backlash from ethnic minorities - unlike Germany and other nations with the courage to 'bite the bullet'. We remain content with our scores of millions of intact boys, sad to say.

That said, perhaps a more realistic solution is to make secular circumcision unlawful. Would you agree?

Christopher

Education is the discovery of our own ignorance. Will Durant

"You give a little love and it all comes back to you....

You know you gonna be remembered for the things you say and do."

Bugsy Malone

#4 of 4 Old 12-12-2012, 11:35 AM

It looks like the movie is even from 1995 when you look on the webpage's movie info.

Tags
Circumcision

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page