Foul smelling discharge - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-28-2013, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My almost 3 year old, intact boy is having an issue.  This morning at his first change he was fine, by the afternoon he was saying "ouch" and pointing to his penis.  I looked and it was red and swollen a little.  I put him in the bath to soothe him and found what I thought was a bite from an insect or something since we spent most of the morning outside.  After his nap it was still irritated but didn't look any worse.  A few moments ago after he pee'd I noticed some green color discharge from his penis and it smelled bad.  I googled it of course it was really no help since I'm pretty sure my son doesn't have a STD.  Ideas?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2013, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Update:  After a chamomile tea bath there was more of the goop.  After that his penis looked better, not as swollen.  I put him in the bath again after a few hours with apple cider vinegar in it.  That really seemed to help!  His penis and foreskin look almost normal this morning.  I think I will continue with the ACV baths today and see how it goes.  Apparently it was yeast related, at least that's my guess since it's responding so well to the treatment.

Tags
Circumcision
User Tag List