DH wants to ... sort of. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-02-2013, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Our DS is due in October, and I brought up circ to DH last night.  He is incredibly laid back about everything (he is circ'd) and just said, well yeah, we should do that.  I said, "It looks pretty painful, have you seen any videos or anything?"  He hasn't, and when I brought up Plastibell and then said, "I don't think they really do it that often anymore," he said, "oh, ok" and that was it. 

He doesn't really seem to care either way and I know he won't bring it up, or make an appointment to get it done, or really argue about it.  I'm totally okay with this, and am really just planning on letting it be a non-issue.  When DS gets here I'll just tell him how to care for it as part of normal diapering, since DH will be home with him during the day after I go back to work. 

I was really expecting more of a fight about it from all the stuff I see here and on other baby boards.  I guess I'm pretty excited that it wasn't a fight!

DD 2/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-02-2013, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Glad it wasn't a fight :)  That has to feel good!

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#3 of 5 Old 06-04-2013, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My DH was the same way..."whatever you want honey" was what he said :)

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#4 of 5 Old 06-04-2013, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

My DH was the same way..."whatever you want honey" was what he said :)

This was pretty much the way my dh was.  He wanted to have a baby in the hospital but that was about all he was pretty firm on.  Now, he told his Jewish grandmother that if he was Jewish, we would have had the baby circ'd.  But, I told him there was no way in hell we'd do it no matter what the reason.  The foreskin serves a purpose & has functions regardless of what anyone around the penis owner thinks/feels/believes/whatever.  Now, he's a closet intactivist.  thumb.gif

These kinds of guys are in the minority, it seems.  Should anyone ever have a friend who's husband/partner isn't as agreeable as ours, this article is for the mom-to-be to try to understand what's behind it: http://www.udonet.com/circumcision/vincent/vulnerability_of_men.html

Best wishes,

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
#5 of 5 Old 06-05-2013, 12:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That's good news! Good approach - let it be a non issue. 

Every time DH and I would talk about it, he'd push my buttons about it, and I would tell him he needed to do the research, and he pretty much refused.  Finally I got him to shut up about it by trading the middle name-giving rights for no circumcision!  It worked.  He figured if it was that important to me, then he could let it go, as long as he got to pick the middle name.  Kind of silly but it worked for us.

Mama to a daughter (3/2008) and a son (7/2011)

Tags
Circumcision

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page