29% of Circumcised Brits would NOT circumcise their child. 13% of Circumcised Americans would NOT - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-19-2013, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

From here: http://www.naughtycouponcodes.com/our-circumcision-study-2013

Was reading this today, it seems like a lot of Brits still don't want to circumcise their kids but Americans do but quite a high number of circumcised guys wouldn't actually do the same to their child. Do dad and child tend to both be?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2013, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Hmmm, why would there be circumcision info on a website that has "coupon codes" in the URL?  Something doesn't seem right. :treehugger

OP, feel free to explain.

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:34 AM - Thread Starter

Hi, If you look at the site we try and cover all aspects of peoples sex lives and aren't just a "coupon" site as the name might suggest. If you look a the first line in the post

Quote:
I thought it would be interesting to get some data and facts and figures to do with sex and the body on this site so we’re trying something new with our first mini survey. 

We are trying to run some interesting Survey's and get people talking and discussing interesting issues and I think this is a great topic for discussion as its such an important choice to make between parents and for a child. 

Old 09-21-2013, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giilo View Post

Hi, If you look at the site we try and cover all aspects of peoples sex lives and aren't just a "coupon" site as the name might suggest. If you look a the first line in the post

We are trying to run some interesting Survey's and get people talking and discussing interesting issues and I think this is a great topic for discussion as its such an important choice to make between parents and for a child. 

I read what you wrote in the OP.  Still, clicking on links that aren't to obvious places by first time posters is not a good practice if you like your computer to work w/o viruses.  :thumb

The bolding shows your bias.  It's not a decision that most of the rest of the world makes.  Intact is the default, it's normal.  A whole person is the default, it's normal.  Granted, our CULTure sees it as a choice, but that doesn't make it a valid choice.  My husband & I made no choice as to whether or not to circ any of the three times we had a child.  It's not a decision that needs making.  Which car seat? Yes. Feeding? Well, again, in our CULTure, yes. A name? Yes.  But whether or not to cut off parts of their body.  F no!

It'd be interesting to see surveys about why parents choose to circ or not, what they predict their children will think of what they allowed to be done to them (you see, I in large part blame the "doctors," who will accept money to do this to helpless babies; were it not for them, circ would be about dead; read on the history of it in the UK if you're unfamiliar), or something along those lines.  But a survey if people think it should be done or it even should be a choice, nah, no thanks.

My two cents.

Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama24-7 View Post

The bolding shows your bias.  It's not a decision that most of the rest of the world makes.  Intact is the default, it's normal.  A whole person is the default, it's normal.  Granted, our CULTure sees it as a choice, but that doesn't make it a valid choice.  My husband & I made no choice as to whether or not to circ any of the three times we had a child.  It's not a decision that needs making.  Which car seat? Yes. Feeding? Well, again, in our CULTure, yes. A name? Yes.  But whether or not to cut off parts of their body.  F no!

Yes. This.  I made no decision about leaving my boys intact. Cutting parts of their genitals was never an option.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Old 09-30-2013, 09:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

IQUOTE:  "It'd be interesting to see surveys about why parents choose to circ or not, what they predict their children will think of what they allowed to be done to them (you see, I in large part blame the "doctors," who will accept money to do this to helpless babies; were it not for them, circ would be about dead; read on the history of it in the UK if you're unfamiliar), or something along those lines.  But a survey if people think it should be done or it even should be a choice, nah, no thanks."

I agree, and what would be even more interesting would be the opinions of todays teenagers with regard to the choice that their parents made for them. I suspect that quite a few would not be very happy with their parents (those who made a decision to deprive their child of his foreskin) .

Tags
Circumcision
User Tag List