Mothering Forum banner

Issues after circumcision

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  nsmomtobe 
#1 ·
Hello I am looking for some info regarding problems after circumcision. I personally choose to not circumcise, however my mom did for my little brother, who may be experiencing some issues and I'm wondering if others think it may be related to bring circumcised.

So my little brother is 6 years old, he was circumcised soon after birth. At one point the pediatrician had yanked down the healing skin during a check up, causing him to shriek loudly and the skin to bleed. He is currently undergoing testing for autism as well- unsure if this is relevant. But recently my mom mentioned to me that after he urinates he will sit on the bathroom floor and tug at himself as though he has no feeling, nearly tearing his skin and leaving his scrotum very red and agitated. I know that the surgery damages nerve endings, but do you think it could do it to the extent of the child feeling no pain such as this? This isn't something new either, he has tugged at himself ever since he was a toddler, but my mother and I always assumed it was due to having a dangly part. Most of the info I come across online has been regarding adult men after the procedure. Thanks

#2 ·
My first 2 sons are circ'd. I can tell you why the dr yanked his skin back was probably because the foreskin was adhering back to the glands. DS2 had this happen, the dr did the same thing, but it still healed wrong which wouldn't have been too big of a deal except that apparently there was yeast trapped in there and he had to be re-circ'd at 2 years old. Not a road I would go down again! As for him pulling on himself, is it his penis or balls or both? My boys do some crazy balloon animal antics with their boy parts, stuff that would make a grown man cry! And it doesn't seem to phase them a bit. I think they out grow that.

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I was thrown of about the pedi yanking, and had read that most pedis don't know how to properly care for the site, so I was worried about any damage he could have caused as well. And I'm glad the tugging a normal
smile.gif
I'm actually expecting a boy soon, but obviously don't have much experience with them other than my husband lol

#4 ·
I hope your brother has recovered from the adhesion and there will be no reason for the doctor to interfere further. I'm glad to know you won't be circumcising your own son when he arrives. You will be amazed at the amount of tugging that little boys can do!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.