Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By thebirdgirl
  • 2 Post By hakunangovi

#1 of 5 Old 04-25-2014, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We didn't find out our baby's genders before either birth- our daughter is 3 and we just had a baby boy on Monday. I've not wanted a circumcision but my husband has been insistent, and we decided to discuss it if we ended up having a boy. It's something that has been in the back of my mind bothering me during both of our pregnancies, and especially throughout this week as we were in the hospital. Thanks to all of the discussions and articles on this website, I had lots of information to back up my desire to not circ our baby and after a few discussions, my husband agreed that it's best to leave our sweet little baby as he is! I am soooo relieved because I just couldn't imagine putting him through something like that for cosmetic reasons. We agreed that

-I'm going to have to explain to our son why he doesn't look like his father, etc if he questions it when he's older (fine with me!)

-If he grows up to absolutely hate his foreskin when he's a teenager then we'll find a good urologist for him (very unlikely I'm sure, and that would be many years down the road)

So thanks to everyone who helped me see that babies don't need to be circumcised, and giving me the resources to explain the same to my husband

MichelleZB likes this.
#2 of 5 Old 04-25-2014, 03:10 PM

Great news! 

#3 of 5 Old 04-26-2014, 06:40 AM

I am so happy for you!!

It will be many years before your son notices a difference between himself and his father.  When circ is explained to most children, they are horrified, feel very relieved that it was not done to them and very sorry for their Dad

#4 of 5 Old 04-29-2014, 05:46 AM

Only my older ds commented on the difference between him and his father, and it was in a very offhand way.  BTW, he never mentioned dh's lack of foreskin, he just noticed size and hair.  That was as simple an explanation as me explaining why my breasts were bigger than dd's.  He was around 3 or 4.  By the age of five or so, my boys and dh weren't naked around each other any more so no more has been said.

Sons are now 14 and 18, living quite happily with their foreskins.  Both heavily involved in sports and have been in many locker rooms without the mythical "locker room teasing".  ds18 is now in college, dating a beautiful girl.  I don't know if there is a sex life or not but I won't pretend it's not possible.  Anyways, my sons foreskins have been a complete non-issue for them.

#5 of 5 Old 04-29-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinijocaro View Post

Anyways, my sons foreskins have been a complete non-issue for them.

Foreskins only seem to be an issue for those who are lacking one.  I have never known an intact man who claims that he wishes his parents had had him circumcised at birth. Even if I had, I would not be able to take him seriously because that is an option that he can exercise at any time (his choice).  Intact men love their foreskins (so do their wives).  My BIL calls his foreskin "My favourite toy".

philomom and jodieanneanton like this.

Tags
Circumcision

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page