Feeling sad... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-02-2004, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was overhearing some conversation about circumcision. One person said of course they would do it, so their son would get oral sex, because otherwise he wouldn't get any. Another said she dated a guy who wasn't circ'd and she wouldn't touch that ugly *bleeping* thing. I feel so down! I would NEVER circ my son for cosmetic reasons but I just hope he never encounters any incredibly stupid women like that. I look at him, and he is so perfect in every way, and it is sad to know attitudes like this exist.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2004, 08:17 PM

I think of it as just weeding out all the stupid , ignorant girls that he will be too good for anyway. Yes, it is said to think that anyone will ever think of my son's perfect anatomy in such a negative way!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
Old 05-02-2004, 09:51 PM

You've also got to keep in mind though that since the circ rates are dropping that the girls our boys will be with will probably be exposed to both. And even if they aren't we don't want our boys dating such ignorant girls anyway.
Old 05-02-2004, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

You are right. My son is too good for someone that ignorant. But I still can't stand to think of him getting his feelings hurt. I do plan to tell him often why we left him intact, so I hope that will give him the confidence he'll need if he ever runs across someone like that.
Old 05-03-2004, 01:58 AM

Just wanted to add...You will be an awesome mommy and teach him how his body IS perfect and whole. That way he will be able to "teach" others IF this ever were to come about. I doubt it will though. Poop on those ignorant women!
Old 05-03-2004, 05:27 AM

Really, really unbelievable.

Of course, if your son decides to study abroad, he will fit right in, so to speak, in a way that his circumcised friends won't...

Women here in the UK (and elsewhere in Europe) think that a circumcised penis is very, very strange (and sad) looking.

Just another perspective (although I know that living in the US, it's harder to remember that most men in the world are intact).
Old 05-03-2004, 05:32 AM

I think that it is important to remember that most men around the world are left intact. Our babes certainly will not be the only ones left perfectly whole.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:43 PM

That is sad. My friend and I have an ongoing discussion about circ - my ds is intact, as is my DH. She is expecting and if it is a boy she will get him circ'ed b/c his dad is -- and she thinks an intact penis is gross (and unclean ). I keep telling her my boys are clean as could be, and far from gross....What could be yuckier than a kind of mutilation for no reason other than to 'fit in'?
I'm hoping whoever my DS is involved with someday (hopefully his wife!) hasn't seen enough penises to have an opinion
Old 05-03-2004, 05:58 PM

My stepdad and a friend of his were talking about my DS, and they both were talking trash like foreskins are dirty and whatnot. And then they go on to say that DS will never have oral sex because he's not circ'd. This seems like a common misconception (like many) regarding circumcision. Annoying. But common. :
Old 05-03-2004, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
One person said of course they would do it, so their son would get oral sex, because otherwise he wouldn't get any.
The more I think about that, the angrier I get. Is she going to tell her son this? What kind of message does that send to him? "You weren't good enough for women the way you born, so we had to fix you." Unbelievable!
Old 05-03-2004, 06:38 PM

yes, i am with sheacoby- it will certainly weed out the stupid. i think education is the difference between ignorant guys who 'wish' they were circ'd (usually because their parents had no $) & happy intact guys who know their parents respected them and left them whole. self-confident educated guys will deal with vicious stupid girls (and guys, lol, for our gay sons) easily enough, i imagine.

suse
Old 05-03-2004, 06:59 PM

They are planning the oral sex lives of their kids..that is strange to me.And aske DH if he has ann issue getting oral sex as it is one of his favorite past times... ) But even pre moi, he said not one person ever made any comment regarding him being intact. He never thought about it and he comes from a machistic family obsessed with penis'... Actually he said it is the one thing his family does right and knows not to mess with a perfetly good penis!!!

I couldn't imagine doing this on a calloused one...wo, I have said too much!
Old 05-03-2004, 07:42 PM

Quote:
I think of it as just weeding out all the stupid , ignorant girls that he will be too good for anyway.
That's exactly the way I see it, too. The sad thing is, that I used to sort of think this way. Not exactly, because I never thought intact penises were gross. I just had never seen one before and, so, thought they were strange.

Now, after having ds, circumcised penises (peni? ) just look sad and angry to me.

Quote:
Women here in the UK (and elsewhere in Europe) think that a circumcised penis is very, very strange (and sad) looking.
One of my best friends is from the UK and she came over to visit shortly after ds was born. I had been having some family "problems" (no big deal, really) centering around the choices I had made for ds - not circumcising being one of them. It came up in our conversation and she gave me the most baffled look and said, "I never knew you were Jewish." :LOL
Old 05-05-2004, 02:03 PM

Well I dont want my son getting involved with shallow women.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:20 PM

I don't know who makes up these rumors. My intact dp and I enjoy oral sex (sorry if TMI!). Furthermore, I wouldn't want to have oral (or any other kind of) sex with a circ'd man.

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

Old 05-08-2004, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBF
I wouldn't want to have oral (or any other kind of) sex with a circ'd man.

I think I detect a woman of the new millenia in our presence!

Frank
Old 05-08-2004, 11:38 PM

For what it's worth, my 19 y/o intact and very,... er, "active" DS has had no complaints or comments.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenkids
For what it's worth, my 19 y/o intact and very,... er, "active" DS has had no complaints or comments.

Well, see there ya go then!!! :LOL
Old 05-09-2004, 11:30 PM

Quote:
VERY GOOD POINT!! I NEVER EVER saw or heard of circumcision of infants when we lived in Denmark. Nearly ALL little boys are intact (I say "nearly" because there must be Jewish or American kids over there). I was actually baffled when my doctor asked whether I was going to circumcize my American son. "Why would I want to cut a piece of him for??" was all I could say...

And besides, if your son decided to get a circumcision later on, he can just go ahead and do it. He will never be able to "undo" a circumcision though...
Old 06-18-2004, 08:24 PM

I sure hope we all remember to educate our daughters so that they don't end up being influenced by our seemingly sick society and become as shallow as the ladies who have made these comments.

I sure know I do! My dds are still young, and of course they have seen their brothers in the nude. They have never commented on anything, and I'm sure that they assume that the rest of the world looks just like their brothers.

I agree though....if these women are so shallow then at least they won't end up with my son.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:22 PM

You know, I mentioned this in another thread that Frank was in on here, but first of all, you have to get women to WANT to do oral on a guy in the FIRST PLACE! Circ'd or not it isn't gonna matter! Now as for me, the more he has the more I have to work with.
Old 06-19-2004, 12:03 AM

DH made some stupid comment about how girls wouldn't want to be with DS3 intact. I said if any girl doesn't want to be with him over his penis alone, then she isn't the girl for him and girls plural?? He then said something about being intact and getting an STD. I said I hoped I talked enough to my children (all of them) so they weren't taking risks to get an STD in the first place.
I had someone at work today ask how the circ would work if we had a homebirth. I said I no longer circ'd my sons. ds1 and 2 are circ'd and I regret it, ds3 and any future boys will remain intact.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:44 AM

OK, lets step back and take a breather!

Think back to the first time you did oral sex. Was it something you just jumped into and did immediately? Did you have to think about it a while? Wasn't it something that you had some aversion to at first? I know it was for me. I had to think about it and had to become aclimated to the thought of doing it. When I did finally do it, it took a while to get past the hair and the humidity and the scent and the things in my head. It took a few times of coming close and not quite getting there before I actually did it. Of course, once I did it, it was much easier after that and finally became a normal part of making love.

The first time doing it to a man will be the same way and if the woman is not familiar with intact or circumcised, she will have no different feelings for either one. If she has already done it on a circumcised penis, she's going to have to go through that same trepidation again, just not to the same extent as the first time. Those who say they will not do it are just ignorant of the foreskin or didn't care for the man enough to get past that initial aversion.

Granted, there are some men who do not practice normal hygiene just as there are some women who do not practice normal hygiene. Somehow I have been able to sort out those women who don't and it wasn't difficult. There are plenty of signals in their hair, clothing and general grooming. I can't imagine that it is any more difficult to sort out the men who don't practice normal hygiene.

I have never been with a woman who was not scrupulously clean and I can easily imagine if I were female, I would not have been with a man who was not scrupulously clean either. That being the case, if I were female, I can't imagine I would have any more trouble with the intact male anatomy that I had with the intact female anatomy as a male.

Frank
Old 06-19-2004, 04:12 PM

Quote:
something about being intact and getting an STD
Who is spreading this misinformation? How in the world can circumcision protect against STDs? It cannot! I cannot believe people believe such nonsense!
Old 06-19-2004, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly Speaking
OK, lets step back and take a breather!

Think back to the first time you did oral sex. Was it something you just jumped into and did immediately? Did you have to think about it a while? Wasn't it something that you had some aversion to at first?

Frank
Umm.... Yep.... Nope.... Nope! :LOL

(Frank's gonna get so sick me and this topic. :LOL )
Old 06-19-2004, 06:32 PM

Don't forget yummy Colin Farrell uses his "intactness" for his prowless y'know !

All the girls want to "see" it

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I sure hope we all remember to educate our daughters so that they don't end up being influenced by our seemingly sick society and become as shallow as the ladies who have made these comments.
Exactly! Then hopefully they wont mutilate their babies either, when they have them! The only grown adult penis I have seen is my dh (he's cut) but it would not have mattered if he was intact or not (even before I researched all this stuff) because I love him regardless of what his penis looks like. Its too bad people are so shallow but we dont want those girls marrying our sons anyhow!

Desiree

Old 06-19-2004, 10:32 PM

Saw this on a catering van yesterday:

"Looks can be deceiving,
but eating is believing. . ."
- James Thurber
Old 06-19-2004, 10:56 PM

Y,N,N, also.

Unfortunately, there was an, ah, shall we say, dearth of feedback?, and I was, er, how to put it. . .utterly disappointed in my, um, anticipations.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acksiom
Y,N,N, also.

Unfortunately, there was an, ah, shall we say, dearth of feedback?, and I was, er, how to put it. . .utterly disappointed in my, um, anticipations.
Really? Hmmm..... I'm not. (Like you couldn't tell.) Well, maybe back then (my first time for that) it wasn't the same... practice makes perfect ya know. :LOL That's just one of my "things" though. Probably WAY more than you ever wanted to know.....
:

User Tag List