• 1 Post By joandsarah77
  • 1 Post By mama24-7
  • 2 Post By blessedwithboys

#1 of 14 Old 03-06-2015, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
News - a mom is hiding to prevent circ

I don't know if I'm allowed to post the news article, since it identifies a specific child, but anyone can Google it. Anyway, there is a mom who had an epic court battle to stop the circ of her 4yo son. She lost. The court is ordering the boy to be circed. The dad just wants it because it's 'normal'. The mom has taken the boy into hiding, and some would say kidnapped, and if she doesn't appear in court soon, a warrant will be put out for her arrest.

This is blowing my mind and is quite terrifying.

bellyhair.giftreehugger.gif     coolshine.gif      greenthumb.gif     read.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 03-07-2015, 05:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This mom is a hero and if you read the judges statements he clearly has an unacceptable bias in this case which makes him unfit to issue such an order in the first place.
#3 of 14 Old 03-08-2015, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I've been watching this news story very carefully. Even if you believe in circumcision in infants (I don't!), it completely boggles my mind that the father, after FOUR YEARS, is still insisting on this unnecessary surgery for a child old enough to be traumatized by being aware of part of his body being removed and it completely terrifies me that the courts can force a parent to have an elective surgery done on their child.
EarthRootsStarSoul likes this.

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#4 of 14 Old 03-09-2015, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hopefully she is far away and safe. I cannot believe they are trying to force a cosmetic elective procedure.
#5 of 14 Old 03-10-2015, 08:03 AM

Today is the day she was ordered to appear before court. If she is not in the state they may not be able to extradite her back from whatever other state she may be in. As long as she is outside of Florida her and her son should be safe for now regardless of any order that this particular judge may issue.

Beyond that it would be up to the local prosecutors office of whether they would go to the expense to attempt to have her extradited, whether local officials in that state decide to pick her up in the first place and whether the governor of that state would allow her to be extradited or let her stay without anymore harassment from local law enforcement or Florida officials.
#6 of 14 Old 03-11-2015, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
The case in mind boggling to me. Thanks for you encouraging post Mitchell. I hope things work out in the best way possible for this courageous mother.
#7 of 14 Old 03-11-2015, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Yes, mind boggling. It doesn't make sense.

bellyhair.giftreehugger.gif     coolshine.gif      greenthumb.gif     read.gif
#8 of 14 Old 03-12-2015, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I really hope that she and her son are safe. I, too, could not believe that a judge would side with the father, who is obviously pursuing this out of nothing more than spite. So much for the (in)justice system.
#9 of 14 Old 03-20-2015, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
They said on another board that the boy is now five so it gets worse. How anyone could rule and say a five year old who said he did not want to be cut, be forced to be cut baffles my mind. Medical need is one thing, but cosmetic surgery is another. At what age would this judge say no? 8, 12? The mental well being of that poor child did not even seem to be a consideration. I hope this father is prepared for his son to disown him and maybe even sue him when he is older if this horrific act takes place. He is obvously out for revenge and is prepared to hurt his son and their relationship for life to get it.
hakunangovi likes this.
#10 of 14 Old 03-26-2015, 06:05 AM

is obvously out for revenge and is prepared to hurt his son and their relationship for life to get it.
#11 of 14 Old 03-27-2015, 04:38 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Not only is there a warrant out for her arrest now, but recently (in the last couple of days) the father submitted a request that the mother not be allowed to use any funds to pay for legal costs that have been raised for her (there has been fundraising going on for months & all money is being held by the non-profit Doctors Opposing Circumcision). So, once again, this is showing that this case is not about what is in the best interest of the child, but about control of the child & his mother.

In addition to all of the above, the judge did not allow an ad litem (attorney/representative/something - I'm not sure who it would have been) someone be appointed for the child. This judge is not interested in the child's best interest. My understanding is that he has a culturoreligious bias which is as problematic as any other bias.

Lastly, my understanding of why this is being held up by a court is that it was agreed to when the parenting agreement was signed. It being the child's circumcision. Since the mother has changed her mind, that doesn't matter. It's an agreement, a contract & a changing of the mind does not change the contract.

Disgusting all around.

Sus
hakunangovi likes this.
#12 of 14 Old 03-27-2015, 06:04 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
How sad. My ex got a court order years ago allowing him to make a final decision regarding tonsillectomy, because he didn't believe that the child would outgrow swollen tonsils and also felt like temporary use of CPAP for apnea was "too difficult". Thankfully, the judge did agree with me that a 3 month completely dairy-free trial was a good idea, and that was the end of the apnea. Ds kept his body parts.

I am a circed-and-regret-it mama. If I was this mom, I'd be out fo the country by now.

Bring back the old MDC
#13 of 14 Old 04-05-2015, 03:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can anyone give me a link or even what to google to find out more about this case? I'd like to read the judge's ruling, know if the child is 4 or 5, and find out if the father is of a religion that requires circumcision.

I hope the child and his mother are safe.

Ann-Marita. I deleted my usual signature due to, oh, wait, if I say why, that might give too much away. 

#14 of 14 Old 04-05-2015, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann-Marita View Post
Can anyone give me a link or even what to google to find out more about this case? I'd like to read the judge's ruling, know if the child is 4 or 5, and find out if the father is of a religion that requires circumcision.

I hope the child and his mother are safe.
If you go on twitter or facebook & search for saving chase, you'll get to the accounts for those working to protect him as well as links to the news stories that have been run. He is still four. The father is motivated by American culture; the judge is Jewish.

This is absolutely crazy but in light of what's going on in the US currently, not really all that surprising, to me, unfortunately.

Sus

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page