2Likes
  • 1 Post By omMommaom
  • 1 Post By hakunangovi

#1 of 5 Old 05-19-2015, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
painful retraction

DS (2.5 yo) retracted his own foreskin this past winter for the first time. He was very uncomfortable and cried , telling me his "petey hurt". Ithoughtperhaps itwas because he self-retracted before hisbody was ready. He since has retracted it a coupke of time while I was present, and has come to ,e in tears because his "petey was stuck" and it hurt. We talked about baseball and suchtrying to givehis erection time togodown...but his foreskin was still drawn back and had trouble coming back over his head. Hecried and cried. I'm a single mother of two boys and his father is circ'd and unconcerned.....I've been an intactivist since the begining of motherhood 8 years ago. Now, ivescheduled to see a pediatric urinologist...if fact, I'm on my way there right now. Prayers and encouragement for finding a dr. That is not interested in making a buck by insisting on surgery. I am having panic attacks over the whole thing. Anyone else have similar and helpful words. Please hold Malakai in a pain-free, healthy place of Wholeness with me today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 05-20-2015, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Your Ds is definitely on the young side to be retractable, but since he is retracting himself that's O.K. although, having hurt himself once it is a bit surprising that he continues to retract his foreskin. His issue seems to be that his preputial sphincter is still tight ( no surprise there ) which makes it uncomfortable. I should point out that if his foreskin ever gets stuck behind the glans, that is an emergency (Paraphimosis) and it will cause swelling of the glans and impaired blood flow. If that ever happens, there are techniques to reduce the swelling and replace the foreskin forward again.

Please don't let any doctor try and talk you into a circumcision - it is never required. Dilating the preputial sphincter is not generally advised for children, but in this case it would alleviate your son's distress. There are various methods to achieve this, starting with the use of Betamethasone cream and gentle stretching. Then there are surgical techniques which do not remove any tissue, and preserve the foreskin. I encourage you to read: www.cirp.org/library/treatment/phimosis and www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2490/8/6 .

If you have any questions, please ask. By the way, what did the urologist say?
#3 of 5 Old 05-21-2015, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Phew! The Dr. said almost exactly word for word what you said! He is actually an intactivist too! I'm sooooo very relieved!
nsmomtobe likes this.
#4 of 5 Old 05-22-2015, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by omMommaom View Post
Phew! The Dr. said almost exactly word for word what you said! He is actually an intactivist too! I'm sooooo very relieved!
I am so glad. You lucked out going to someone who actually knew what he was talking about !! Tragically, the depth of ignorance about norman intact male genitalia on the part of many doctors is appalling. This puts the parent in a very awkward position - do they believe the doctor, or do they believe the internet? A great many boys have lost their foreskins totally unnecessarily because of this.
blessedwithboys likes this.
#5 of 5 Old 06-04-2015, 05:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
that ever happens, there are techniques to reduce the swelling and replace the foreskin forward again.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page