9yr old DS's tight foreskin is causing bathroom problems. - Mothering Forums

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Greg B

#1 of 6 Old 11-03-2015, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
9yr old DS's tight foreskin is causing bathroom problems.

Is steroid cream the best treatment?

I already posted this in the "Intact Care" subfourm, but I realized that all the posts there were months apart so I doubt people check there that often, so I think reposting it here will make it way more visible.

I made an account just to post this here, since I've heard this is the best place to go to ask questions about intact boys.

My 9 year old son has never been able to pee standing up because his pee sprays out at a weird angle and makes a huge mess if he isn't sitting on the toilet and pointing his penis straight down. He recently confided in me that he's been getting picked on by the boys at school for "peeing like a girl" so I took him to a pediatric urologist to see if she could fix the problem.

Obviously, the first thing she did was have him pull down his shorts so she could take a look at his penis. From there, she was able to find out what the problem was pretty quickly. In her words, "a gun won't shoot straight if it's still in it's holster".

So basically, his foreskin is very long (his penis is only about two inches long but his foreskin is about 2 and 1/3 inches long and overhangs in a tapered point that's angled to the right) and very tight (she tried to pull it back and he was in tears before she even came close to exposing the tip of his glans). So when he pees, the foreskin causes the pee to spray out everywhere.

The urologist prescribed a steroid cream (betamethasone) to be applied two times a day to try to loosen the foreskin.
Have any of your sons had this problem with peeing before? Is there a better way than using the cream to fix this? I've found the process of using the cream to be painful and
embarrassing for him.

These are the steps the pediatric urologist told me to do:

1. Have him undress and lay on his bed with his hands under his butt (so if he has a knee-jerk reaction to the pain he won't try to hit my hand away)

2. Hold his foreskin back as far as it can go with one hand and smear on a pea-sized drop of the cream with the other hand

3. Return his foreskin back to it's original position

4. Wait 5-10 minutes for the cream to dry

5. Have him get redressed.

Is this the best way to fix his problem or is there a better way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 11-05-2015, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Doesn't sound like it to me.

Doesn't sound like the best way to me. First, he is only 9, so it is not unusual for his foreskin to still be adhered. Full separation and retraction may not happen until after puberty. Second, he should be the one pulling his skin back, there should not be pain, so his hands do not need to be under his butt. Finally, how hard is it to get a boy to manipulate his penis?

If his only problem is bad aim, then you could try having him experiment and see if he can pull some skin up closer to the urethral opening and see if that works. Lots of guys with long foreskins can pee fine standing.

If that is not sufficient, then I think I would simply encourage him to manipulate his foreskin, letting him know that at some point it will retract and he can check and see from time to time.

The steroid cream should not be used until he is older and you can be certain that his foreskin is as retractable as it is going to get on its own. Here are a few references to help.

www<dot>doctorsopposingcircumcision<dot>org/pdf/2008-03retractileforeskinleaflet.pdf

www<dot>intactamerica<dot>org/sites/default/files/foreskin%20care.pdf

Regards
japonica likes this.
#3 of 6 Old 11-05-2015, 05:02 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
No need for two posts on the same issue. We have already answered quite extensively on your other post.
#4 of 6 Old 11-05-2015, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77 View Post
No need for two posts on the same issue. We have already answered quite extensively on your other post.
No need to reprimand her - she posted this thread after just two replies on her first post. She was concerned and wanted more feedback. Nothing wrong with that.
#5 of 6 Old 12-06-2015, 05:31 PM

the steroid cream okay try some vitamin e oil and some nice worm bath then have him get erection n his room by him self" . erection help the foreskin separation to start. sounds wired but works

jsave
#6 of 6 Old 12-06-2015, 05:31 PM

the steroid cream okay try some vitamin e oil and some nice worm bath then have him get erection n his room by him self" . erection help the foreskin separation to start. sounds wired but works

jsave

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page