Mothering Forum banner

Another Elephant to be avoided

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Steinn 
#1 ·
On average about 120 boys dies each year in the US because of this totally unnecessary procedure. All the others who goes through this intense pain are damaged for life.

#3 ·
On average about 120 boys dies each year in the US because of this totally unnecessary procedure. All the others who goes through this intense pain are damaged for life.

I don't know about "all the others", but I can say for sure that I have been damaged for life by this. I can't have a normal relationship with women because I know I'm not able to get the normal amount of satisfaction from sex.

#4 ·
It's scientifically proven that the trauma from the intense pain gives brain- and psychologically damage for life, regardless if anesthesia were given. That's why I wrote "all the others", that is, all those who didn't die.

I can't understand why parents are willing to put their kids through such totally unecessary trauma.

#5 ·
It's scientifically proven that the trauma from the intense pain gives brain- and psychologically damage for life, regardless if anesthesia were given. That's why I wrote "all the others", that is, all those who didn't die.

I can't understand why parents are willing to put their kids through such totally unecessary trauma.
I'm just saying what it feels like to me. I don't know how it actually feels for all the others. I'm reminded of this torture every single day. Just saying the c word scares me because I know what it actually means. It feels like part of my body is missing. I don't know what exactly but it's something.

#6 ·
I'm so sorry for your problems! :crying: You have to confront your parents with this. I think it will be good for you, and they have to know what they actually have done to you.

Fortunately I'm from a culture which never have mutilated children, so I'm intact.

#7 ·
I'm so sorry for your problems! :crying: You have to confront your parents with this. I think it will be good for you, and they have to know what they actually have done to you.

Fortunately I'm from a culture which never have mutilated children, so I'm intact.
I can't. I'm too scared. I'm ashamed to tell them I've been mutilated like this. They'll think there's something wrong with me, and I wouldn't be to handle hearing that from them. My parents are tyrants and I was treated as property. In the US children are just property with no rights, like slaves. In the US, parents can beat their children and they can mutilate their genitals. Now that I'm grown up and that I don't need them, I don't want to have anything to do with them. At least I can punish them by not giving them grandchildren.

#9 ·
^That attitude doesn't help anyone.^ Anger like that hurts the person and it hurts those around including the children. Firstly you have no idea why his parents did what they did, you don't even know if he was cut with their consent, many parents were not even asked and those that were asked assumed it must be done. I've even heard an American say a boy would die if he wasn't cut. The US is very brainwashed. It takes education and forgiveness not just cutting off of families.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.