now I have a penis question... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 10 Old 11-30-2004, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I first typed out the title of this thread, I wrote, "Now I have a penis ???" I looked at it and laughed.

I just changed my 8mo ds's diaper and noticed a fuzz on the end of his penis (intact), so I wiped it off and then noticed it wasn't a fuzz and more was coming out of his penis. It was white-ish, solid, kinda earwax consistency, about the size of half a pea, smallish, but large to come out of his penis, I think, lol. Is this smegma? It seemed like a lot. And his penis looks different now, more wrinkley on the end. Is he starting to retract? Is this early? Does it happen that instantly? All I know are intact penises, my family doesn't cut and I'm pretty vocal, so none of my close friends have done it either, but intact penises are such the norm that I don't pay much attention to them, so I haven't noticed this with any of my friends' boys. Dh is circ'ed so I don't think he would know if this is in fact normal. He hasn't seemed in pain, and it didn't strike me as pus, so I'm not thinking UTI, but it had been a while since he peed last, so who knows? Do any of you? I'm trying to get ahold of my friend who has a 3yo boy and ask her, but she's not home.

R~mama to 3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 11-30-2004, 10:34 PM

Yes, that sounds like smegma to me. Perfectly normal. Its part of becoming retactable, but the opening at the end of the foreskin must also become wider as well. Specifically, what you saw is a smegma pearl. Just collects that way and comes out of a pieces, rather than in bits. It also happens a lot more when the foreskin is becoming seperable (is that the word?) from the glans than it does at any other time during childhood, so you may see a bit of it now and not so much later on. Then again, you can be partially retractable for quite a while and not become completely retractable until years later. For example, my 7-year-old has been 3/4 retractable since he was very little.
#3 of 10 Old 12-01-2004, 02:21 AM

Thanks Jennie for saving me a lot of typing. I probably couldn't have said it in that few words! :LOL

Frank
#4 of 10 Old 12-01-2004, 09:09 AM

:LOL Yeah... I get weary after a while with all those words- try to post as simply as possible.

Besides... haven't you ever heard.... "Less is more"?
#5 of 10 Old 12-01-2004, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, it's pretty much what I expected to hear. I really wasn't worried about it, but more curious, if my OP seemed panicky. I just kept thinking, "oh great, what if I, of all people, after all my talk about how rare problems are, have something wrong with my kid?" I was pretty sure it was nothing, but knew that you all could let me know for sure, being the experts that you are.

R~mama to 3

#6 of 10 Old 12-04-2004, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
LOL @ your original title

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#7 of 10 Old 12-04-2004, 08:44 PM

My only question here is that DS is 3 1/2 and we have never seen anything of this nature........... what's with that?
#8 of 10 Old 12-07-2004, 10:54 AM

Could be that it just hasn't happened yet or it may never happen. It doesn't happen with all boys.

Frank
#9 of 10 Old 12-08-2004, 02:57 AM

Yep. The title,, even as it is made me do a double take . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank
Thanks Jennie for saving me a lot of typing. I probably couldn't have said it in that few words! :LOL
Oh, but Frank - don't you know - we love to read your posts!
#10 of 10 Old 12-08-2004, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Minute
Oh, but Frank - don't you know - we love to read your posts!
Don't encourage him.... The boy loves to go on so....
:LOL

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page