Please help! I need info! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-19-2005, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Everybody! My sister is due at the end of may with her first baby and she and her husband are pretty cool people but she was trying not to get excited about this pregnancy or do any planning at all for the longest time because of a previous miscarriage so she is really uniformed about alot of stuff...I'm really worried that she and her husband would get sucked into the circ tidal wave and I would appreicate any letters, essays, etc... that i could print out to send her and links would be good too. I'm thinking stuff that I could print might be better though as it would be right there and accessible immediately to them. Also, any kind of info on dealing with doctors in the delivery room and pediatricians office that regard protecting your sons genitals...Thank you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2005, 11:59 PM

Hi there and congrats to your family! Check out the "web resources" sticky to find some great info for them, and some great printables too! Good luck

Take care,
Tara

Tara Momma to Callum and Gavin
Old 04-20-2005, 06:42 AM

Hi - I've bumped the 'Dear Son' thread for you here: http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...05#post2986105

You know your sister best, but I think this is incredibly powerful and puts the whole circumcision decision into perspective...

It also might be a good idea to send your sister here - especially to read the thread at the top, with the stories of moms who desperately regret allowing their son(s) to be circumcised.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:40 AM

The mothering reprint of "the case against circ" was the article that led me to mothering & made up my mind about circ. I read it when I was pregnant with my first & hadn't given circ much, if any thought either way. It's really good. Also, NoCirc.org has some good pamphlets that are a quick read.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:42 AM

I clicked the link to the other thread. I'm sure it's good, but I couldn't read it. It makes me sick to my stomach to read the quotes between the sweet words & promises. Did your sister read that??????
Old 04-20-2005, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaBL
Also, NoCirc.org has some good pamphlets that are a quick read.
The title of one pamphlet that may be a good first read is "Answers to Your Questions about Infant Circumcision"

There are many others that I printed out for a friend. I'll review them later on to pass on the more general ones.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:04 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you mamas for all the great information, I will look it all up and try to figure out what to send...it's such a hard thing in this culture when you know a friend or relative is having a boy, though it is not your child you know the rest of their life will be affected by this one decision that usually takes place without thought. I hope that when she reads this info she will put the decision into the hands of her son.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:25 PM

I regett having my ds circumcised. I was really against it but no one in my family supported me. I just watched a video that you can down load http://ftp.intact.ca/images/311win.mov if i saw that and showed it to my dh and family they wouldn't have let the docters do that to our baby. It's awful the docter is so nonchalant whilr the baby is screaming, gagging, and shaking. They strap them down and just strip his penis. I felt sick watching it. why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why did i do that to my son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2005, 05:54 PM

You know your sister best, and how she might respond to information, but one thing I would not do is bombard her with 30,000 articles, websites, etc. Start with one or two really well written ones like the Fleiss reprints you can order from Mothering - two articles put together, short but extremely well referenced, a NOCIRC pamphlet, and then talk to them about it and find out what their concerns are if they're still not convinced. There are so many myths about why circ is better that you have to find out which particular myths they're buying into before you can do more targeted myth-busting.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

User Tag List