I have a penis question! :D - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 05-10-2005, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I've searched around these boards and haven't found what I'm looking for yet...

Frankly I'm terrified of Googling "penis toddler smegma" for fear of having a pedophile watchdog group visit me at work!
:LOL

Here's the situation...

About two weeks ago I noticed a small pure white lump on my son's penis, under the foreskin. It was right on top of that ridge of the glans so I thought it was a part of it. However, since then it's gotten noticeably larger and now when his penis is erect it's very noticeable as it is about 1/4" long and 1/8" wide and sort of sticks out a little.

I've gently examined it (from the outside!!) and it seems pliable but definitely separate from his glans. At first I mistook it for an air bubble (to give you an idea what it looks like) and I thought that perhaps his foreskin had detached slightly and he had gotten some air or urine in there, but it's definitely solid and soft.

His penis is otherwise fine, pink and healthy with no swelling, redness, etc. Touching it does not cause him discomfort, either by me or by his own enthusastic foreskin stretching. He pees fine.

His foreskin does not otherwise seem detached at all. I tried gently squooshing the lump toward the opening to see if it would move but it does not. What it LOOKS like to me is smegma trapped in the little pocket of a bit of his foreskin that's detached, but there's no way for it to get out. Last night I took a good look at it and there is another very teensy white bit on the other side of his glans that I could see through the skin.

However, I've never seen smegma and I can't even ask my husband about this as he's circumcized, and he was as baffled as I was.

As you can imagine I'm afraid to bring him to his ped because I am positive they'll want to retract his foreskin to get a good look and I DO NOT want them to do that at all. Of course I'm paranoid and the first thing I thought was "PENIS CANCER!!!!" but now that I've had some time to calm down and think about it I'm pretty sure it's just smegma. I'm worried about it getting really huge and not having any way out! I assume that if it is smegma that it will eventually find a route to the surface, so to speak?

Thanks for advice, assistance, or a good laugh at me if you wish. I'm giggling at the mental image I have of me from last night, sitting on the floor in the living room examining my son's penis saying "Argh! What IS this?!" while he looks at me like "What's the big deal, mom?"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 05-10-2005, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's a smegma pearl (just a lump of smegma gathered together) and it's normal and natural. It's part of the seperation process of the glans and the foreskin. It will make it's way out on it's own. Just leave it alone.
#3 of 5 Old 05-10-2005, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
BTW, thank you for keeping your son intact.
#4 of 5 Old 05-10-2005, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn
BTW, thank you for keeping your son intact.
You're welcome!

He thanks me every time he stretches it to twice its length...I think he does it deliberately because it makes me cringe. the little stinker!

Thanks for the affirmation, I feel better having an opinion from someone who knows what it is. I don't have any other intact men in my family so no one to ask.
#5 of 5 Old 05-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Banned

mabe him stretching and playing with it will help move the smegma pearl out easyer. Just make sure he has clean-ish hands/clipped nails before letting him go to town with it?

It's normal. No worries.

Kids love making their parents cringe. It's part of their genetic makeup I guess.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page