Unbelievable! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
The Case Against Circumcision > Unbelievable!
TigerTail's Avatar TigerTail 01:16 PM 05-27-2005
yes, please pursue this. it's sick that she should think she got away with this. (and hey, drop penn a note. i'll bet he would like to know more about this woman & her way with genitals. and any legal action taken against her.)

i'm sorry your first investigation into legal action was discouraging- don't let the law profession's equivalent of that horrible pseudo-doctor ('natural repair'?) keep you from finding a *competant* attorney (preferably one with medical background; an old friend was an rn for years before getting his jd. and he was in ca too, last i looked. they exist.)

suse

lise brit's Avatar lise brit 05:04 PM 05-27-2005
Hi everyone,

I just wrote an e-mail to Anne Geddes, providing the link. So, let's see what happends

Lise
erindaugherty's Avatar erindaugherty 05:10 PM 05-27-2005
I didn't know that loophole. I'll have to think about it. Seriously tho, it's been 15 months and emotionally I've only been "stable" for a month or two. I had severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from the horror of the repair. I don't know if I wanna open up that can of worms....but it is something to ponder.

Erin

PS How would I email Penn and Teller??
coco4cloth's Avatar coco4cloth 05:20 PM 05-27-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by erindaugherty
I didn't know that loophole. I'll have to think about it. Seriously tho, it's been 15 months and emotionally I've only been "stable" for a month or two. I had severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from the horror of the repair. I don't know if I wanna open up that can of worms....but it is something to ponder.

Erin

I'm sorry that happened to you. I can't imagine. Is there anyway you could find a counselor or someone to talk to? I know it would be hard, but you could save other women from being harmed by her. She needs to get her butt out of the medical field! Oh this makes me so mad : Hugs to you!
bunniemunch's Avatar bunniemunch 06:59 PM 05-27-2005
i am sorry she did this to you. i hate that woman, i saw the show, i knew something was iffy about her, even compared to other docs that circ. can she sue me if i send her a not so nice email?
bunniemunch's Avatar bunniemunch 07:03 PM 05-27-2005
i saw your piece on the penn and teller show. it made me cringe. i wouldnt take my intact son to you for a cold. thats what i wrote to her heh heh
Paddington's Avatar Paddington 07:14 PM 05-27-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by erindaugherty
PS How would I email Penn and Teller??
probably through the showtime website. www.sho.com

Quote:
Question
How can I contact an actor or producer of a Showtime Original Series?

Answer
Please address all correspondence to the appropriate person or title at:

c/o Customer Service
Showtime Networks Inc.
1633 Broadway
New York, NY 10019
or through www.pennandteller.com maybe? i can't find an actual link to them there--they do have a message board and some emails but it says they are for press or contacting the webmaster or to book them....

OT: while i was over at penn & teller's chat i saw a not so nice post about freebirth and natural birth being b***sh**. i don't tend to hang out in the birth area but if anyone wants to post a rebuttal in defense.....
erindaugherty's Avatar erindaugherty 02:16 AM 05-28-2005
: : You guys rock! Keep the fan mail going to her!
bunniemunch's Avatar bunniemunch 03:23 PM 05-28-2005
she emailed me back a bunch of bollocks, am i allowed to post it here?
Kathryn's Avatar Kathryn 03:31 PM 05-28-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunniemunch
she emailed me back a bunch of bollocks, am i allowed to post it here?
Not really sure, but if you can't PM me cause I wanna know.
Quirky's Avatar Quirky 03:44 PM 05-28-2005
Me too.
bunniemunch's Avatar bunniemunch 03:45 PM 05-28-2005
kathryn, you are in rr tx? me too!
Paddington's Avatar Paddington 04:26 PM 05-28-2005
i wanna know what she said too!
bri276's Avatar bri276 05:37 PM 05-28-2005
if she sent you a letter it's your property
bunniemunch's Avatar bunniemunch 06:00 PM 05-28-2005
i guess i feeling guilty now, she put the phone number and address of her clinic. i didnt espect a reply and certainly didnt ask for that kind of info. she gonna come sue me now lol
Kathryn's Avatar Kathryn 06:10 PM 05-28-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunniemunch
kathryn, you are in rr tx? me too!
awesome blossom! PM me and we'll have to meet up sometime.
Frankly Speaking's Avatar Frankly Speaking 09:10 PM 05-28-2005
I'll freely admit I'm ignorant. What's a bollock?

Frank
Kathryn's Avatar Kathryn 09:20 PM 05-28-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankly Speaking
I'll freely admit I'm ignorant. What's a bollock?

Frank
It's like saying shit, crap, or idiot depending on how you use it. At least that's how my friends from overseas have told me.
Quirky's Avatar Quirky 10:13 PM 05-28-2005
A bollock is a testicle. So saying "oh, bollocks" is literally saying "oh, balls" but it's cussin.
bunniemunch's Avatar bunniemunch 10:57 PM 05-28-2005
or bullcrap
polka123's Avatar polka123 11:03 PM 05-28-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirky
A bollock is a testicle. So saying "oh, bollocks" is literally saying "oh, balls" but it's cussin.
:LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL
I think I'm gonna start using this
1  2

Up