They took before and after pics - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 08-01-2005, 04:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnybumm
Ok, I have a crap load of naked baby pictures. DS is 19 months and I STILL take naked pictures, and I will continue to do so until he doesn't feel comfortable. However, they don't go on the net, only to close family (my parents and inlaws). I let DS run around in the back yard naked as a jay bird and he loves it.

Now, I think taking naked pictures of your children is totally different than taking a close up shot of your childs genitalia. I don't think the vulva or the penis is gross or should be hidden, but it shouldn't be the focal point of a family picture. Reguardless if circ is involved at all. That to me seems odd and inappropriate.
That's what I was trying to get across--cute naked baby pics are fine, close ups of the genitals are not.
#32 of 37 Old 08-01-2005, 10:24 AM

Quote:
I'm naked as a jaybird in almost every pic of me before I was about 11 (well, mostly in my underwear, my parents could only take so much) because I hated wearing clothes.....being naked is FUN and feels great. If my parents had only taken pics of me while dressed there would have been like 6 pics of me as a youth, all at birthday parties.
In public, around hundreds of strangers?
#33 of 37 Old 08-01-2005, 10:58 AM

I don't think naked kids are a big deal-public or not. At a local wading pool there was a 3yo girl that was swimming naked. I did not think it was a big deal,but many were offended by the nudity.Someone even wrote into the local paper to complain about that mother not *protecting* her child in a world full of sickos. Well I don't recall any frolicking naked children ever being taken.It is always the dressed kids with NO PARENTS AROUND to keep an eye on them.

On a side note while in Europe I spent a week at a nudist camp in the former Yugoslavia.I was a teen at the time.People of all ages were putting up tents naked,shopping naked,and eating at the restaurant naked.Everything was done naked.No one(besides me lol) gawked. It was just normal. Lol,that experience was one of my fondest of Europe.

Our society(US) is very prudish,and yet we still have a very high rate of child molestation. Nakedness is not a bad thing,and certainly does not encourage molestation more.Molestation will occur regardless,because molestors *want* those children. Look at the case of that poor IDAHO family. She(Shasta) was just playing in her yard(in her bathing suit) when that pervert decided he would kill her family to take her and her brother Dylan.
Just a ramdon act.

Anyway back to the OP...I have naked pictures of the kids,but no close ups of the genitals.Before and after pictures of genital surgery is sick,but then circumcision of a child IS sick too.Most parents don't talk to their kids about circumcision.All of the kids I have come across had no idea parts of their genitals were cut off.
#34 of 37 Old 08-01-2005, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratemomma
In public, around hundreds of strangers?
I don't remember ever camping at a place that was that crowded, but sure, I ran around in my underwear while camping. My parents didn't think there was anything particularly enticing about me running around half naked- they thought I was cute naked or dressed so they just kept an eye on me and educated me as much as possible about the creeps out there. But I think that if I HAD run around naked in front of hundreds of strangers- in a relaxed environment, not at school or something equally too formal for nudity- there would have been nothing wrong with that. A naked kid doesn't create perverted thoughts in a sicko's head, those thoughts are already there, why should I suffer bc of some azzhole? I hope I didn't offend u with my comments, they weren't directed at any one post in particular, I was just adding.
#35 of 37 Old 08-01-2005, 11:31 PM

I also agree there is nothing wrong with a naked child in public (in the correct environment, ie not in the shopping mall or a restaraunt). I would let my DS be naked while we were camping, no problem, reguardless of the number of people. Especially camping. I mean, you are in the middle of nature, what is more natural to a child then to be naked? And you don't have to worry about pee on the carpet.

I also agree that perverts don't need to see a naked child to be turned on. They can be just as aroused by a clothed child. IMO that is just like saying we shouldn't NIP because some pervert might look at our breasts. Everyone knows what a penis and a vulva looks like, especially in children there isn't that much of a difference from one to the next. And especially from the distance a stranger would be at.

Heck I would let my DS be naked whenever he wanted, in appropriate environments, if he was potty trained and I wasn't worried about poop on the ground.
#36 of 37 Old 08-03-2005, 10:49 PM

Well, I agree nudity is no big deal for me...and it wouldn't have been a big deal for me if the place had been slow. In fact we kept our son in his undies when we went to a different site a few weeks before, and would have let him run around naked if we didnt have immediate neighbors. This place was just packed liked sardines, and anybody could have been watching.........though I also agree it wouldnt matter a great deal to a pervert.
Thanks for the input!
#37 of 37 Old 08-04-2005, 06:40 PM

You're right, perverts don't need pics or to see naked kids to get turned on. But there is something about putting a naked kid pic on the internet and knowing that perverts could steal and be looking at my daughter and getting turned on that makes me very uncomfortable.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page